Sriracha Sauce gets the respect/coverage it deserves!

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
Spice Up Your Super Bowl With Sriracha Sauce
(NPR Weekend Edition Sunday, Bonny Wolf)

sriracha2_wide.jpg

I keep a bottle of this wonderful stuff in the 'frig in my Hawk all the time (even when the 'frig is off
unsure.gif
)...and in my home 'frig, too, of course.
If you like hot/spicy but you've only tried Mexican/southwestern-type hot sauce you gotta try this. Hot, but southeast-Asian style -- completely different than Mexican/American (even though Sriracha is made in the USA).

Mark,
There is a great success story behind this great condiment. Rags to riches immigrant. And like AmEx....don't leave home without it!

Yeah, I was surprised (and maybe even a little disappointed) when I discovered a few years ago that this is an American product. I assumed it was imported from Vietnam or Thailand -- like fish sauce -- nam pla...another staple in my home kitchen, but not on the road.

I'm a big fan. Dirtydogs pork marinade:

equal parts Worcestershire and soy sauce. Crushed garlic. Sriracha to taste. Great for chops.

I first came across it in a Thai restaurant When I was living in Pasadena in '81. It's been a staple ever since. Great flavor, nice heat and doncha love the color?

I honestly pretty much hit everything I eat with this stuff, its my main condiment. Visitors watch me douse stuff and then copy only to make a big stink about the heat, I find it nice but not really that hot. :oops:

Mmmmm....

They must have had a good few years. Last year they were all over the cooking mags, cooking shows, etc. With the rise of 'food carts' a star like this was sure to shine!

A new use for Sriracha from the inventors of the McNuggetini. Just in time for Valentine's Day

Chocolate Cherry Bomb

2 oz. Red pepper vodka
2 oz. Godiva chocolate liqueur
1/2 Tsp. Sriracha hot sauce
1 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
Splash of grenadine

Garnish:
pepper-vodka marinated cherry
hot pepper

Sweet, sexy and… Sriracha sauce? Trust us, this will turn up the heat on the iciest of hearts. In a shaker filled with ice, add the red pepper vodka, chocolate liqueur, Sriracha hot sauce, grenadine, and chocolate syrup. Shake well and pour into an elegant glass. Garnish with a speared spicy cherry and a dried hot pepper, then watch the love flow…

Attachments

• img-article---vday-cocktails---chocolate-cherry-bomb_184844938740.jpg
    img-article---vday-cocktails---chocolate-cherry-bomb_184844938740.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 20
A new use for Sriracha from the inventors of the McNuggetini. Just in time for Valentine's Day

Chocolate Cherry Bomb

Sounds delicious
smile.gif
...and If I drank, I'd try this...but alas...somebody else will have to try it and report back.

Back
Top Bottom