Starting to look for another Eagle

stclair

We sold our 2008 Eagle in 2015 after traveling throughout North and Central America with it. We loved that little camper, but selling it helped us get started in our new hometown of Grand Junction, Colorado. The Eagle took one for the team!

We still have the Tundra, and acquired a 2005 Casita trailer 2 years ago. This year it never left the driveway. All of our camping this year was done in a tent with the Tundra. That Tundra just won't quit! We are thinking it may be time to admit the Casita does not go where we want to go, and sell it to fund another used Eagle. The Tundra/Eagle combo has been our favorite and most reliable rig to date.

If you know of an Eagle that might be coming up for sale....please let us know. We are open to other models, but the Eagle was such a great fit on our 2002 Tundra. It kept us narrow and able to drive tight roads without ripping the sides off.

Thank you!

Maybe an ATC Bobcat would serve your needs.
Bobcat only 6" wider then Eagle.
Our Bobcat is on a 2002 Tundra works great
Although a Bobcat might be as hard to find as an Eagle.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Maybe an ATC Bobcat would serve your needs.
Bobcat only 6" wider then Eagle.
Our Bobcat is on a 2002 Tundra works great
Although a Bobcat might be as hard to find as an Eagle.
Frank
Thanks Frank, we would definitely consider an ATC if one became available. So far, haven't seen any. That said...we really liked the fact that our Eagle sat flush with the Tundra bedrails. We drove through some really tight spots.

Actually the Bobcat doesn't stick out past the bed side.No problems
with that and you get a little extra width.Helps a little inside.

The Bobcat doesn't stick out past the body so you don't need extra wide mirrors.

Keep your eyes open and watch this site.Be quick if you see one.
A new member just ordered a new Bobcat delivery is next June.Yuck.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Actually the Bobcat doesn't stick out past the bed side.No problems
with that and you get a little extra width.Helps a little inside.

The Bobcat doesn't stick out past the body so you don't need extra wide mirrors.

Keep your eyes open and watch this site.Be quick if you see one.
A new member just ordered a new Bobcat delivery is next June.Yuck.
Frank
Thanks again for the advice Frank. After giving it some thought, and considering the recent Bobcat listed here for sale....we have decided to stick with our Eagle search. We hope to find one with the 6'4" interior too. Need to figure out what year that became standard interior height so we can narrow our search.

And.....back to looking again! Thought we had found one, but it didn't work out.

Decided we are also open to a Fleet. Seems they are easier to find! Prefer a shell model. Definitely looking for 2008 or newer for the added interior height. Thanks!

Colin if you are looking for a Fleet also remember the ATC Bobcat is the same as the FWC Fleet.
Same width 74" I think.Height inside I think is 6'2 at least.
They are maybe harder to find then the Eagle or Fleet though.
Continued good luck in your search.
Frank

That Bobcat looks like it got too close to a fire! It clearly has a lot of melted plastic and trim on the outside. Also has a number on the side of it...insurance or wrecking yard #?

The rubber gasket falling off in the picture of it popped up from the front is a little bizarre. It makes me wonder how well this thing was taken care of.

stclair said:
Finding everything but a newer Eagle. Still looking.
stclair, you and I both seem to be on the aggressive hunt :) The race is on! I'll keep sharing any Eagles I come across.

Back
Top Bottom