Step it up folks

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
At Organ Pipe, I saw this really nice Hallmark with an Airstream Basecamp combo. Looks high style, but a good idea.

IMG_0556.JPG

The Lady loved the looks of the Airstream Basecamp when she saw a photo and video. We even traveled down to the dealer in the Bay Area when they got one in the showroom. In person, it did not excite either of us. The asking price made us think there must be a mistake on the window sticker. For the little more money, the Airstream Bambi is a much more comfortable trailer and a similar footprint.

If we ever go the trailer route, fiberglass is calling to us.

Trailer definitely has advantages, notably being able to detach and leave base camp in situ.
But then again, I would hate to find myself at the wrong end of a dead end road pulling one.

We had the use of a 25 foot airstream in beautiful condition. Now we just have an 8' hallmark on back of our pickup and couldn't be happier. I do know what people see in airstreams, though. They're great places to hang out. Unfortunately, they don't get you here:

Attachments

• Campers driving near Maze.jpeg
    Campers driving near Maze.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 119
  • Kids on top of camper Canyonlands sunset.jpeg
    Kids on top of camper Canyonlands sunset.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 117
I've used these two options when I needed a little extra room for family camping - a 14 ft Shasta or a 9 ft teardrop. Each one was done for less than $3K but neither one has a bathroom like the Basecamp. It's a different kind of style.
camper-convoy.jpg

tybee-bound.jpg

Back
Top Bottom