Step side truck for an ATC Panther

breeves2245

I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 Step Side. Talked to ATC and they can build the Panther to fit no issue, but it's hard to visualize what the sacrifice would be in terms of room/storage.

Anyone have experience with a step side?

Do Marty & Jeff have any photos of their previous step side builds to email to you?
Something that you could post in a message on the forum.
I'd be interested in seeing those, if they have any.

Called them this morning to confirm they can build for a step side. He didn't have any photos to show what it would look like. He did direct me to this site and under the forum tab and gallery hit the arrow button once, and it shows the typical shell frame build with the ledge space on a fleet side. So you have to envision that not being there. I'm can't really in my mind visualize what affect that will have on the interior feel.

OK, no photos. Bummer. A step side is a unique truck, I'd thought they would have done some photos of a previous build, just in case if they got asked to do another one.

You haven't filled in your location in your profile. Are you close enough to go by the ATC shop and have them do some "showing" what they are talking about in the interior?

I can tell you that I drove up there twice (350 miles one way) in late 2010, spent all day watching-talking-looking (both times) and was confident in what I wanted them to customize for me that I put a 45% cash down payment at the end of the second visit. And, I've been more than happy the way my ATC turned out. I use it all the time and I haven't had any issues at all. ATC, i.e., Marty & Jeff and their staff make a solid and functional camper without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom