Still have something you had as a kid?

Here's my teddy I've had since I was 8 months old (daffodil for size compare :) )

1CWLL71MACD5YOOxtBAoY21IpPAz2fQ4HGffcr-T_IUty-RDtptdIU-1xRe8Y0fN4LCtG_yZCAHRXRcXwLCsm359SyJQSP1gDrUC6fL71TuAxA2Q9CtP1DbAugtposgLXcqQocsNLMG8K83wSgAajtw20EIocAqjOCPgABhf_vzPFbjM5HsONqzpxg2OlnI_RLuH2fMeJc1DAFMUN74kEsIvIYmMIx1CC7hiObV4bbsQhQI2OAT11JQomxSTBNCL35xlytJhEUdMFTIsS7FfrGP7LchlnjQQLyA8sixNRv-cxYhBzXQzuTRT_lUfmChOG6gliZAoge5w6bHV5POrWS3701QpkyTd5T5T4yryuZXSydOWzWC26kx_ECwi8zm9J-aSyzlEOMrcKEBmOfdT_vO3MpQQBi0zamOBMGvM-wrnAm3YNi9c7AFUb8XGD2jdfeEKLhLZMmON3Ts7UhucpNxpPRiqA5_FBDXQsDiEBZ37I8t4vwaBbwBdZrNU_HdHkUeBRSan1VnNPJvyltkR-fdAtFXKZ0T8hTukjhoOaSLfESRFvMwK38a9h8-260ocEeFT5mqlaO2QLwIqqjpv1Jkt495UZmchmicvsxdB=w878-h1552-no

With that nose, what's not to love!!!
Glad teddy is still around and well.

I've lots of stuff from my childhood, but the thing that amuses me almost daily is the plastic comb that I've had since I was 13 or 14. Just used it a few minutes ago. Not worn at all, though one tine did get broken about 10 years ago.

What a bunch of pack rats we are! Me it is books-for some reason I have always drug along-even in the army-Herodatas, the History of the Persian Wars and William I Shirer's, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich ( I must be weird). Also, like Bob, lots of old 33/45 rpm records, and my first rifle-a single shot .22 bolt action Winchester. and a old Springfield '03 Sporter, 30-06.

Smoke

Smoke!
I also have books from my childhood. A whole bunch!

I have half of the collection of L. Frank Baum "Oz" books -first edition. My cousin has the other half. Our folks got them originally and we've all read the heck out of them. Covers falling off and such.

I also have a couple of hardback Winnie the Poo books, an amazingly illustrated by Kay Neilson "East of the Sun, West of the Moon", Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books, and a few others.

Lady Bug that Teddy is great.

I have a few things from early childhood but one thing my mom made is a "cat" kids apron.
She was a expert seamstress and made them for gifts almost to her end days.

Another item ,from my great grandfather's days,is an old double barrel shotgun.The kind with the "twist"
barrels and outside hammers. There are very strange stories about the connection with it and our 'Old Italian"
family back on the east coast.This dates back into the late 1800's.
Now it just hands below the mantel.

Interesting items others have from older times.
FRank

I wonder if Bob could use his new toy (the 3d printer) to make sextants. Instead of handshake we'd just show our sextants. Any stranger asks and "its the only to find the super secret camp site".

When I was around 9 I found a big old Jade rock, close to the size of a football, on the beach in Campbell River. 40 years later I still have it.

I was never into The Hardy Boys books, however, just went crazy for this guy, Tom Swift.

From a jacket cover...

"It is the purpose of these spirited tales to convey in a realistic way the wonderful advances in land and sea locomotion and to interest the boy of the present in the hope that he may be a factor in aiding the marvelous development that is coming in the future."

gallery_2702_1185_68025.jpg

I have all 5 series, 108 books, and a few of the other things that were made under his name.

trikebubble said:
When I was around 9 I found a big old Jade rock, close to the size of a football, on the beach in Campbell River. 40 years later I still have it.
I'd like to see a pic of that if possible. I bet it's awesome/beautiful.

I'll be heading to the Vancouver Island in 25 days. I'm assuming you are referring to Campbell River, BC.

Bill D said:
I'd like to see a pic of that if possible. I bet it's awesome/beautiful.

I'll be heading to the Vancouver Island in 25 days. I'm assuming you are referring to Campbell River, BC.
I'll snap a pic of it when I get a moment. Yes, Campbell River BC. My father was the sous-chef, then Chef at the Discovery Inn. He worked for Delta Hotels for quite a while and we moved around BC a few times. In Penticton, in the Okanagan now.

Back
Top Bottom