Stock Up on Twinkies While You Can!

Umm, the guy that killed the mayor of san francisco. Didn't i hear that even roaches can't subsist on twinkies?

Stock up? No thanks. Ironic that our population is the fatest we've ever been, but Hostess is filling for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

I'm gonna wager that it isn't the "Twinkie" factor that is making America fat. I mean, how long has it been since you ate a Twinkie? How about eating 6 or more in one sitting? Ever do that??
How about beer? Can you say the same thing? LOL
blink.gif

whoops!

I'm gonna wager that it isn't the "Twinkie" factor that is making America fat. I mean, how long has it been since you ate a Twinkie? How about eating 6 or more in one sitting? Ever do that??
blink.gif

whoops!

Yes.

Can't remember when I had my last twinkie or alcohol or chicken fried steak. I did have a small piece of bacon over the holidays!

All the news stories about the problems this company is having (and there have been a lot of stories) all talk about Twinkies...and I think that's just because it's fun or sounds funny to say "Twinkies".

As I said in the post that started this thread, I only buy their "Hostess Cupcakes", and then only in the traditional chocolate version, and then only when on a road trip...since it obviously takes extra food energy to drive a truck and camper for hundreds of miles in a day
tongue.gif

Now, don't scoff at the Hostess Cupcake!
An episode of "America's Test Kitchen" (the same very-serious people who produce the very-serious "Cooks Illustrated" magazine) thought this product was of sufficient worthiness to improve in an episode of that show.
biggrin.gif

mmmmmm......!
image.php

blink.gif

whoops!

You got me there. I think it's been 40 years since I had a twinkie.

As for beer, my last one was on November 19, during my last camping trip - one beer each night at dinner. Before that trip I never would have imagined that a six pack could last that long.
wink.gif
Good wine is another thing. I shared a really nice bottle of Shramsburg sparkling wine that I had been saving for a special occasion, with a friend on New Year's Eve.

I did have chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes at a friends house a few weeks back.

Okay, maybe it's not the "Twinkie" factor.
unsure.gif

I probably just lost ten pounds. I was so sick. I was vomiting and diarrhea till I thought I would die. I'm feeling much better today. Beer is good. I'd do a twinkie if I had any. Cipro is good stuff. Cures your anthrax problem too.

I probably just lost ten pounds. I was so sick. I was vomiting and diarrhea till I thought I would die. I'm feeling much better today. Beer is good. I'd do a twinkie if I had any. Cipro is good stuff. Cures your anthrax problem too.

Wow, Craig -- that sucks...and blows.
Was it food poisoning?

I'm glad you're feeling better. Wow, thanks for reminding me to take my 500mg Cipro tonight. I would have fogotten without your post. Is that karma?

That is karma. Hard to say if it was food poisoning or what. I just know that within hours of starting the cipro I was feeling better. Just don't read up on the side effects. Sure hope my joints don't explode.

You know what the "cream" is in a Twinkie, Cupcake or Ding Dong? It is whipped pork fat with sugar.

That must be why it's so good -- can't beat pork fat! :D

Back
Top Bottom