Stolen Eagle Model in Sacramento last Friday

Stan@FourWheel

I just talked to a customer that had his older Toyota truck and a 2002 FWC Eagle Model stolen from a parking lot last Friday down in Sacramento, while he was shopping at REI.

: (

Please keep your eye out for him if you would.

I know so many people on WanderTheWest have their eyes & ears open looking for a used camper.

This guy would be so ever greatful if someone happens to spot his rig for sale somewhere.

I know it is a long shot, but stranger things have happened.

Thank you for watching out for him.

<<<<<

It is a 2002 Eagle, with 3 way frig, and gas furnace, on a 86 Toyota 4wd tan in color, both in excellent shape. Stolen Friday 9/19/14 @ 5;13pm from in front of Sac REI store on Exposition Blvd. The camper was locked (the truck wasn't, but do not think any spare keys were inside cab) and driven away by a while male. The camper had no legs on it, had 2 bicycle skewer racks on the back, and mounts on the passenger side for a portable awning. The refrigerator door was turned to face the outside;the frig was disconnected from the gas and electricity since I was in the process of removing it to "burp" it( so if someone turns on the main gas line they may have a real surprise!).Besides the frig, it has the factory furnace, and I put in a fan in the vent...
The truck is a 5spd manual,locking hubs,chrome wheels,with factory applied "pin stripes" on it.
Thank you for your help! Richard

>>>>>

Attachments

• 1camper.truck.PNG
    1camper.truck.PNG
    196.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 2camper.truck.JPG
    2camper.truck.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 3camper.truck.jpg
    3camper.truck.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 309
Hi; Well the El Dorado County Sheriff's found my truck at 2:00am on 9/23 near Placerville Ca just off hwy 50 with the camper removed! the tie down bolts were left behind, and the wiring to the camper was not cut, so apparently they knew what they were doing. It was left in a parking lot(Safeway I think) with a bunch of keys in it(maybe universal ones??). The sheriff believed someone was coming to pick up the truck and probably part it out....They finger printed the driver's door but without a suspect I doubt that will do much. Whether they could pop a window out or? to get into the camper is anyone's guess...I could ID it from some of the modifications that were done to it over the years...The camper had been stored covered for years before I bought it, so it is in fine condition, with no dings,tears, etc that I can recall.
I will gladly follow up any leads as though I am probably partially insured, it still pisses me off no end, and can't imagine finding a used one in such good condition to replace it with! thanks Richard 530 913-8898

Dang, Richard. The bike racks may help to ID it if they try to sell it. Even if they remove them, there should still be marks left. I hope it gets found and the thief caught!

Considering just about any FWC advertised anywhere ends up on the WTW Camper Alert thread, if they try to sell it we'll probably see it. And considering how many members are out and about at any given time, if they take it camping one of us may recognize it from here, too. So unless they just live in it on some remote property, it should be found fairly easily.

Stan, is this on ExPo also? Wouldn't hurt to have more people looking.

In addition to Expo I would also post on RV.net in the truck camper forum. Large group there.

I didn't see it on expo. I'll sure be taking a close look at campers I run across. My guess is someone is keeping it.

Sorry to read about your loss Richard. I had a similar thing happen to my roof top tent, stolen along with my girlfriends pathfinder. Still waiting for either of them to turn up. Take a look into RSS feeds from craigslist and also use Adhuntr.com to keep an eye out for it.

We do an many repairs and upgrades to a lot of campers. If you could email us some pictures we certainly would compare them with any camper that we see.

El Dorado Sheriff's Department might have found the camper today. Looks like it might have been at a house where some squatters were living. Will post updates as I get them. Thank you. The owner of the camper thanks you. :)

Camper has now been recovered! found in El Dorado Hills by landowner who had apparently vacated his home cuz of illness...the camper was full of clothes and ransacked, and the battery,propane tank,fire extinguisher, electrical converter, and the bike skewers were missing-plus the vinyl pop top material was ripped or sliced in several places,the stove top bent up,water tank drain broken off, and the refrigerator door was broken along with the controls/etc on the back of it-oh, and the mattress covers are badly stained...and the lower front panel is bent, presumably from them having dropped it on the ground getting it out.
Apparently the people were squatting on his land, and were clueless as to the camper's value(or knew it was too hot to peddle?) My briefcase and camping gear were all missing of course...
Funny on the very day the camper was found, my insurance co gave me their estimate of value at $3300!! They compared it to some funky wood framed campers, and needless to say I was livid.Especially since they listed a value on my insurance bill for my 86 truck and camper together at $17,509.! I just took it in today to the factory, and the repair estimate is about $6100, and Stan's estimate of value is $6500-$8500 prior to damage, so hopefully the ins co will pay the bill! Will keep you posted, as this has been a hastle.
I want to thank you all for putting the word out, and for keeping an eye out. Can't say enough about Stan and some others at Four Wheel Camper for their assistance, and tour of the factory!

Keep on the insurance company. With our racing boat which gained value, we set its replacement value with our Statefarm coverage. The policy was based on replacement value not estimated depreciated value.

Richard, I didn't realize this was your camper! Sorry to hear how roughly the squatters treated your *stolen* property. Well, you know the legal system, so put it to the insurance company to do the right thing.

Hope you will make some fine lemonade when this is all done!

If an item like a FWC hasn't been totaled or stolen enough the insurance companies don't know how to value it. I had the same thing happen with a South African offroad trailer and had the insurance company contact the importer for a value.

Hi Richard, I'm so glad you retrieved your camper. I'll have "the boys" in Reno stand down on looking for it. Please keep us updated on your insurance company's response as I'll be insuring one soon myself.

Yeah, I have my heavily modified Tacoma and our fairly upgraded ATC Bobcat insured for 60k, also, install a Ravelco anti-theft system, best $400 you will ever spend.

I lock everything and I live in one of the most crime free places in the country.....

CALIcamperdad said:
Keep on the insurance company. With our racing boat which gained value, we set its replacement value with our Statefarm coverage. The policy was based on replacement value not estimated depreciated value.

im not sure if there is any truth to this but I suspect insurance companies are faster to pay for repairs on vehicles that are insured based on replacement value vs depreciated value. Etc

My old racing sailboat sold new from the factory in Santa Cruz for $22,000 in 1995. In 2011 a new one with flush bootstripes not raised painted stripes would run you $50,000. I sold it in 2011 for $25,000 and it was still 100% competitive with the new boats. We insured the boat at $30,000 value ran us about $400 a year. The engine was a 28lb 2hp Honda kept in a canvas bag $800 replacement value. The mast was a carbon rig $5000 replacement value.

Back
Top Bottom