Storage Pictures!

erod

hey all, it seems there may have been a post like this before but i couldn't find it. we spend a lot of time talking about storage, efficient use of space, etc. though i would post a pic of the truck packed before we left...pretty basic, most of our camping/recovery gear is already in the camper so basically you are looking at some clothes, food (dog and human), mandolin and climbing and biking equipment. everything else is under the couch, or stored in the cabinets or in the trapdoors...anyway, post em' if you got em'!

as a side note...i really like the look of standard cab trucks, shorter wheel base, especially with the FWC/ATC combo but i really can't imagine not having the extra space, especially with the dogs. what do those out there who have standard cabs think? any thoughts? just curious, not planning on a new truck anytime soon but would consider a std. cab when the time comes.

Attachments

• IMGP1273.jpg
    IMGP1273.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 939
  • IMGP1274.jpg
    IMGP1274.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 955
Didn't I see you heading down the interstate the other day?

How ya been?

Oh, and it's looking good in there! I'm getting the itch to get out and camp now!

david, yea that was me, back from a trip to the east coast...i saw you right away! good to hear from ya! the weather is great for camping...we should get out at least once before the summers over (although the season doesn't matter)! cheers!

storage

2002tacoma 4 banger, reg cab,eagle fwc,have found with experience that what ever size outfit you are using be it bike,motorcycle,motorhome ,you will always run out of room!,and what is deemed needed by one person to camp/travel the next person sees as unneeded.i do know that i do fill every nook and crannie on my rig!,and when i do run out of room i hook up my trailer to haul more stuff!,by the way elrod what was your mileage on your last trip always curious what the v/6's get. drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

just cleaned the camper, here area few more pics of our storage set up and where i keep the table base platform.

Attachments

• IMGP1371.jpg
    IMGP1371.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 932
  • IMGP1368.jpg
    IMGP1368.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 922
  • IMGP1367.jpg
    IMGP1367.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 898
  • IMGP1361.jpg
    IMGP1361.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 898
  • IMGP1362.jpg
    IMGP1362.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 885
Erod, I thought i carried a lot of stuff!

Maybe it's because you have a slightly smaller truck, but you really pack that thing, don't you? ;)

I'm heading out Thursday for 6 days and have the truck mostly packed tonight. I'll try to get a few pictures, however I'm working until about 9:00 PM tomorrow so I don't know if I'll have time in the daylight. The pictures might be the opening shots of a trip report.

I too, like the looks and wheel base of the standard cab, but I just can't see traveling without the room. I've had an extended cab truck of one kind or another for 20 years now and find that extra space to valuable.

oly,

Just curious. What month last year did you pick up your shell? We had our Eagle installed in August 2006 and I know FWC doesn't make that many of them each year. Please excuse my straying from the subject.

I too got mine in August of last year. It was the last weekend that I picked it up in Butte, Montana.

Ditto the comments about the std cab. Like others, I can't image not having the space. And I would hate to leave the dog in the camper. The new Tundra has an amazing amount of space in the back seat for the doublecab ("crewmax" is even bigger, but then you can only get a 5.5' bed). I'll take some pics one of these days, but there is 2" more legroom in the back seat than in my landcruiser.

lqhikers we were getting anywhere from 20 mpg going 65 mph in flat areas (midwest) tp 14 mpg going 75 mph in areas with a lot of hills (WY,MT). the biggest factor, by far, that affected mpg's was speed...duh?

anyone with an eagle/ranger etc. done anything creative with this space?
got any pictures???

Attachments

• IMGP1395.jpg
    IMGP1395.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 564
erod,

I don't know that it's too creative but I posted pictures of a cubby and shelf in that space in the Interior pictures thread. Space works great for food and misc. storage.

nice, thanks dln, i must have missed that one...

filling the front space

Erod,

We keep our sleeping bags in that space between the cabinet and the front wall. They fill the area well and are sandwiched in tight enough to stay. Only thing is to be carefull they don't rip on the curtain hanger.

Ted

thanks ted, we have also used that space for sleeping bags, pillows, etc., works well. you are right about the curtain.

Storage

Extreme shower tank fits this space along with sleeping bags. Also, extra cab storage organization.

Attachments

• Storage 2.JPG
    Storage 2.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 536
  • Storage.JPG
    Storage.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 523
Shelves

I had shelves and a cloth/elastic retainer in that space in my hawk. I used it to store canned food, etc. I'm pretty sure I have pictures somewhere and will get them posted in a few days (been too busy at work to post pictures from my 6 day weekend). Because my camper is pretty heavy on that side, I removed the shelves and now use it for sleeping bags like Ted.

Exteme shower tank fits this space.....
Welcome to the forum RJones!

That's where I was thinking of stashing my shower too. The size looks just about right.

Right now I keep a fire extinguisher there and I wedge my dirty laundry bag in the corner too. But with a couple of XL Quickfist clamps, that space is perfect for securing the shower or a Co2 tank -

Straps-FlatSm_ProductShot2.jpg
TankFinalSm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom