rack08.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 527
  • rack09.JPG
    rack09.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 547
  • rack10.JPG
    rack10.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 517
Be real careful driving if you stick a lot of weight back out there because it unloads the front wheels, just like a see-saw.

The shorter the wheelbase, and the further back the weight, the worse control will be up front.

Be real careful driving if you stick a lot of weight back out there because it unloads the front wheels, just like a see-saw.
YUP... I only have carried a small chain saw, weed whacker, ear muffs, face shield, work shoes, and an EMPTY gas jug... less than 100 lbs.

Mike

Isn't there a way to access the space between the truck bed and the camper? Maybe cut some access hatches underneath the seat / bench? I don't know the structure of the bottom part of the campers, but I know that there is quite some space there. Maybe somebody from ATC / FWC could let us know how this part is made up and if we could cut some holes in it.

Just an idea.

I saw a different approach to truck storage at a Florida RV show. A Florida company made storage boxes, to go with their fiberglass camper, that were cut into the sides of the truck bed, allowing access not only to the blocked space but also to the space between inside and outside panels of the truck bed. The company is Roamer, but all I could find is the camper, not the boxes.

Back
Top Bottom