Storm Chasing on the 50 and 395

dorocks

We made a little getaway to Vegas to meet a friend for dinner and headed up to Ely, over to Carson City on the 50. Then went south on the 395 to Alabama Hills. First part of trip was rain, then snow, then whiteout near Mammoth. That was slow going and reminded me of the whiteout we got in Western New York when we lived there. Stayed at pullouts on BLM land mostly. Had to be choosy. Several RVs pulled off and got stuck in the mud. Was only able to shoot pictures occasionally when weather permitted. Stayed at Austin Nevada Southern Baptist Church RV park one night, There was one site not covered in snow. I needed electricity because my camper battery would not hold a charge and the heater uses an electric fan. Hooked up I just used a portable heater I keep in the camper. Helped in the 27 degree camper.

Was fun but could not hike much, so it was more of a driving trip.

https://keithbarnes.smugmug.com/Vacation/2019-Nevada-Hwy-50-and-Hwy-395-CA/

I just added the Ely train museum pictures including "dirt" the cat who rubs train warehouse grease and dust on anyone he can. He is a feral cat that adopted their building and greets everybody. And a couple shots from Virginia City.

Back
Top Bottom