Strange Water Leak, Flatbed Grandby, Seeking Advice

brp

Advanced Member
Hi everyone. I have filled my camper's water system for the first time this year. Over the winter, there were a few fittings that froze and cracked.

I have, to the best of my knowledge, repaired everything that froze and cracked. I can't see or hear any leaks, there is no water on the floor under the bed, cabinets, and the fitting at the tank are not leaking.

Despite all this, there is water dripping off the back driver's corner of the truck, it is parked on an uphill. Well after the tank is drained, and the pump has been off for hours, there is still a steady drip. Rain is not in the equation.

It seems like water has found its way between the floor and sub floor, which is acting like a reservoir, and that is how the drip lasts after the tank is empty or close to empty.

I am not really sure where to look next, I could remove all the cabinetry around the tank and see if there is a leak in the tank itself, it just does't seem like there is a leak in the plumbing lines/fittings, but I can't be certain.

I have the interior shower, exterior shower, kitchen sink, and toilet.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Brian

is it dripping from the camper or the truck? If you park in a different orientation (nose down) does the water drip move?

Also wondering if this is dripping water from the past leak, or a from a current leak. I wonder if you could put a dye in the water tank and see if the drip changes color?

Or if you could empty the system and pressurize it with compressed air, and then listen for the hiss of a leak?

Brian,

If you have an external shower, it may be coming from there and making it down to the bed. Water can get trapped in the shower head or hose.

brp said:
<snip>

It seems like water has found its way between the floor and sub floor, which is acting like a reservoir, and that is how the drip lasts after the tank is empty or close to empty.

<snip>

-Brian
I didn’t realize there was a sub floor, but it might be time to reinstall the jacks and lift the camper a few inches to see if you can either see it dripping out of the camper, or see if it’s simply a residual between the floor and flatbed. You may want to dry that area anyway.

Any chance there’s a residual pocket of water between the siding and interior wall?

When you have water in the tank, does the pump run occasionally?

I have had water slowly drip for hours from the space between the flatbed itself and the camper. Mine has rubber mats that slow things down. Now I put the front wheels on a small rise to drain it. For me, the source of the water is the drain spigot, which dribbles out the last several gallons, letting the water drip onto the lip of the flatbed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom