Sunman, was that you Sunday on Hwy 166?

EdoHart

Grasshopper
I was travelling westbound on Hwy 166 in Santa Barbara county around noon Sunday, June 8, just past Bates Cyn Road in my white Chevy/Hawk when I saw a white Toyota/FWC travelling eastbound. I happened to have my window down, so I had time to wave out the window as we passed. I don't remember the lights on the front like Sunman's, but at 100 MPH+ closure rate, there isn't much time to tell if the other vehicle has a FWC on the back, or just a cargo box, or to pick out details of the other truck.

Could it have been me? We were going over San Marcos pass in the morning returning from Rancho Oso, turned off on East Camino Cielo and took it down then on the 101 into Carpinteria.

That's a fun drive 5 Speed

That's a fun little drive 5 Speed - great views, but there are a few mountain ranges between there and where I was. Hwy 166 runs along the north side of Santa Barbara county and eventually to the San Joaquin valley.

I did see another FWC on the back of a light green Toyota heading south on Hwy 101 near Los Alamos today.

Back
Top Bottom