Super Moon and Clear Skies

I did :)

Attachments

• Super Moon 9734 web.jpg
    Super Moon 9734 web.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 66
Nice photos. We had clear skies Saturday night for a good look but clouds last night obscured the view.

We had a great view here. Looks like we have 2 more coming. Jan 1st and 31st. The 31st is also supposed to be a full lunar eclipse. Weather permitting I hope to have the camper on top a certain mountain in Va for that one.

We will get two chances for a nice moon shot in January and again in March. Both months are "blue moon" ones.
No full moon in February.
Lots of great shots.
Hope to get another tonight.
Frank

I saw the SM peeking through the clouds from our hotel window in Portland OR. The desert seems to always offer a better chance for celestial events so here is a Supermoon from a few years back. Taken in the canyons of the John Day River at a proposed wilderness area that has been in the negotiation process for many years now. I really wanted to go here for the total eclipse last summer but just could not make it happen. I always feel that the earthly context of these events add meaning at least for me.

Attachments

• CRsupermoon-1.jpg
    CRsupermoon-1.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 43
CraggyMan said:
I saw the SM peeking through the clouds from our hotel window in Portland OR. The desert seems to always offer a better chance for celestial events so here is a Supermoon from a few years back. Taken in the canyons of the John Day River at a proposed wilderness area that has been in the negotiation process for many years now. I really wanted to go here for the total eclipse last summer but just could not make it happen. I always feel that the earthly context of these events add meaning at least for me.
Very nice shot.
Thanks.
Frank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom