Super Springs vs Spring Shop

WarpathEngineering

Has anyone had any experience with Super Springs? I noticed that with my camper loaded onto the truck, I'm experiencing a lot of sway. Doing research it has come to my attention that in order for the auto manufactures to provide the public with a smoother riding truck, they have taken to lengthening the rear leafs. I'm torn between stoping by the local spring shop and having the spring pack reworked and possibly adding a sway bar for good measure or going out & buying the Super Springs. Unlike most of the people who buy trucks now-a-days, my truck is loaded down most days. Any comments are welcome.

springs

As I said in a different thread, I had two more leaves installed in our rear spring packs before our recent trip through Mexico, Belize and Guatemala and it was money well spent. THE "topes" in Mexico (which are speed bumps of varying hieghts and widths all over Mexico) were no problem at all. I travel some amazingly bad two-track roads on our trips and the suspension is critical. I also put on a set of ProComp shocks and a Rancho steering stabilizer before we left. The camper stays on our truck (1994 Mazda B4000 4wd) and it just sits there fully loaded and waits for us to go! Just have to throw in a change or two of clothes, toilet kit and some chow and off we go.
If I removed the camper I think the truck would ride pretty rough.
Have fun,
Brian

I'm using Roadmaster Springs. They seem to work very well, have some adjustment (if you get the heavy duty ones, and you should) for weight, and are very easy to install. Price was less than $200.

Never heard of them. I'd probably go the local route. The guys down the street from have a very good reputation. Or, since they're in CA, I'd take a trip to National Spring.

Thanks for the imput guys. I finally broke down and bought a set today. We'll see how they work out in a week or two!

Super springs are good/Add a Sway bar is a lot better!

I purchased a set of super springs base on a friends experience with his Four Wheel Camper. They helped and are still on the truck, but I recently added a Hellwig rear anti-sway bar. It was a tremendous improvement. I don't know if I would have bought the supersprings if I had first added the sway bar.

At any rate, the combination provides for a great ride. When fully loaded with the family and a full tank of gas I'm about 200 pounds under the GVWR.

EdoHart,

Thanks for the input. Do you find that before you installed the super springs that your truck sagged under the weight of the camper? Even though my truck can handle a pretty good load (I haul a lot of top soil and gravel in it during the summer months and really load it down) it seems that the slightest amount of weight causes the rear to take a nose dive, or would that be a tail dive? I can only assume that it is due to the nature of longer springs.

re: Supersprings

If anything the FWC leveled the truck. I had thought about a leveling kit (raises the front end about 1.5 inches) before I bought the FWC. I do notice that with the Supersprings and the FWC, the rear end is maybe 1/2 inch higher, but nobody else notices, so obviously they are taking some of the weight. Also, just the Supersprings helped and at the risk of repeating myself the Supersprings and the sway bar make for a really nice ride.

Back
Top Bottom