Surco Safari Rack

Mark W. Ingalls

Contributors
I decided to do something about all the stuff that we carried with us inside the camper that we either had to walk on or move every time we stopped to rest. After much head scratching and counting the hidden costs, I decided to purchase a Surco Safari Rack, aluminum roof rails, and channel adapters after emailing the factory to confirm the fit on my 2006 F250 Crew Cab.

I planned to cut the 50" x 50" rack down to 36" (long) x 50" (wide) so that it would fit nicely in front of my (non-extended) cabover. Here it is, having survived a three-week Eastern meander...

gallery_255_16_106180.jpg

Ingalls,
That is nice. I like. I have the yakima stock system. Works, but not as fancy as yours and yours probably holds a lot more stuff.
I put a fairing in front of the rack and mine actually sits just forward a bit of the window. When empty, fine, but the fairing keeps the wind noise down and most importantly keeps the bugs off the front of the camper when driving......

Keep up the travels.

Dave in seattle

What types of things do you keep up there?

All my outdoor furniture: table, three chairs, lunge chair, hammock; my three sand mats, plus my generator and gasoline, if I take them.

Back
Top Bottom