Surfboard Jack Bracket Mount - Help in PA for Build?

bryanmichaelmeyer

Advanced Member
Half Moon Bay and where my truck is parked
Bill over at Vertirack is one of the most stand up guys around. He has been building amazing surfboard racks for different applications for the past few years- originally starting with ladder racks. His craftsmanship is top notch. In 2014 he build me a bolt through surfboard rack for my FWC. Since then I have been thinking about how amazing it would be to have the same rack but attached to the corner brackets.

Well, on June 1 my wife and I get our new Fleet and there is no way that I am going to through bolt the racks. After talking to Bill last week he is going to make me a rack that attaches to the brackets. Only issue is that we are going off of pictures and measurements that I am sending him. I have full confidence that he will make an amazing product but it would be much easier if he could actually get his hands on the camper and brackets.

Any way someone who surfs and has interest in this can head down to Bernville PA so Bill can not just work off my pics and measurements?

Attached is a pic of the through bolt set up i have on my existing camper and a rendering of the new one he is going to make. The arrow is pointing to a track that he wants to attach a small plate to- a lot like the jack extension plate. We are somewhat guessing on the size of that plate.

Thank you,

Bryan

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 7.23.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 7.23.37 AM.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 7.44.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 7.44.53 AM.png
    201 KB · Views: 235
bryanmichaelmeyer said:
Bill over at Vertirack is one of the most stand up guys around. He has been building amazing surfboard racks for different applications for the past few years- originally starting with ladder racks. His craftsmanship is top notch. In 2014 he build me a bolt through surfboard rack for my FWC. Since then I have been thinking about how amazing it would be to have the same rack but attached to the corner brackets.

Well, on June 1 my wife and I get our new Fleet and there is no way that I am going to through bolt the racks. After talking to Bill last week he is going to make me a rack that attaches to the brackets. Only issue is that we are going off of pictures and measurements that I am sending him. I have full confidence that he will make an amazing product but it would be much easier if he could actually get his hands on the camper and brackets.

Any way someone who surfs and has interest in this can head down to Bernville PA so Bill can not just work off my pics and measurements?

Attached is a pic of the through bolt set up i have on my existing camper and a rendering of the new one he is going to make. The arrow is pointing to a track that he wants to attach a small plate to- a lot like the jack extension plate. We are somewhat guessing on the size of that plate.

Thank you,

Bryan
Bryan, it seems like there should be infinite adjustments since he is using a material to 80/20. I would confirm the light of the jacket brackets with FWC.

I'm in San Diego so I won't be going to PA anytime soon - but I want a set of those racks that attach to the jack brackets! How do I make that happen?

Back
Top Bottom