Suspension Upgrade / lift options 1st gen tundra

BrysonS

I just purchased a 2000 tundra and an 02 Eagle FWC (new to the forum) and am looking for good suspension upgrades for medium duty offroading and general ride quality. I have an 04 4runner with a 2in medium duty OME lift. I really like this lift and have found it to perform really well on washboard in baja (my main offroad area of interest)

I'm curious what other 1st gen tundra owners have done and if anyone has any experience with using OME front and rear shocks / springs / extra leafs etc with a FWC on the truck full time.

Would love to hear others' thoughts!

I have a 2011 Tundra just brought a Northstar Vista 1400 pounds, I just installed a pair of Summo Airbags it work wonderful.

BrysonS said:
I just purchased a 2000 tundra and an 02 Eagle FWC (new to the forum) and am looking for good suspension upgrades for medium duty offroading and general ride quality. I have an 04 4runner with a 2in medium duty OME lift. I really like this lift and have found it to perform really well on washboard in baja (my main offroad area of interest)

I'm curious what other 1st gen tundra owners have done and if anyone has any experience with using OME front and rear shocks / springs / extra leafs etc with a FWC on the truck full time.

Would love to hear others' thoughts!
I have a 2002 Tundra AC with a ATC Bobcat and just added the Firestone air bags . We have used it for 6 years and about 30K miles.
For our use they work great. Nice thing about air bags is that you can adjust them side to side.
Have fun with your new rig.
Frank

Had superspings and HD Bilsteins on mine. worked well. Now on a 3/4 ton

I have a 2014 Tundra, but I did install full OME Dakar leaf packs and Firestone airbags. (Ialso replaced the shocks on the rear with better ones, and added heavy duty coil springs on better shocks up front) I like the combination of the Dakar leaf packs and the airbags. I do actually have another set of Dakar leaf's to add to my leaf pack, just to take some load off the airbags. If you have been happy with your OME products in the past, the maybe the Dakar leaf packs are the way to go (with airbags too to really finish it off nicely)

Back
Top Bottom