SW Colorado - Part 1 of 2

Bosque Bill

Here's part one; I should be able to put part two up tomorrow as the photos are processed and text written - just need to assemble it all and proof read it.

This part covers the West Fork of the San Juan River, the Upper Rio Grande Valley, the Gunnison Basin, Taylor Park and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.

SW Colorado - Part 1 of 2

Remember you can click on a photo for larger versions.

Animated map of my complete route (don't worry it stops after the 3 time it draws). Click to see:
SWColoradoRoute-ani_800w.gif

Thanks Bill.It's been over 40 years that I traveled through that area. Making stops in Creed and Wagon Wheel Gap.
Camped in the back of a pick up close to the divide at a 'Park"what seems to be the term for high meadows.In the Pool Table Mt. area.
Also down along US 50 at a campground north out of Cimmarron.
Thanks for sharing and taking me back in time memories.
Frank

I appreciate the comments, guys. Lots of cool places seen; lots I haven't even found, yet.

I just learned the Colorado definition of "Park" this trip, up at Taylor Park. I also learned that folks in Washington, I'm told, use "parking" as a verb meaning to clear small trees and underbrush in a conifer forest, though I don't know the precise practice as a native would practice it.

Back
Top Bottom