Swap sink and stove locations

buckland

Just a shot in the dark... it is winter in New England and the mind goes to Camper mods and preparation ideas. We have a 2011 Eagle and love it... It though has the stove on the counter beneath where the bed slides over. I wish I had foreseen the issue of getting up and having to have to close up the bed to make coffee. If the sink were swapped for the stove all would be fine in heaven. Has anyone done the change? If so is it a real nasty job and should I just forget about it?... I have a back packing stove but hey I'm in a camper... the soft life. So just thinking while I sit in front of the wood stove... sun set at 4:17!

I have though of the swap as well. Don't know the 2011 Eagle arrangement, but my camper has the water tank and the fuse panel under the stove. Looked like too much effort for not enough gain in my case.

cwd

I (kind of) did this for my first camper remodel! I wanted to be able to use the stove too without making the bed. I pulled the stove out of the normal spot and put it above the refrigerator. I had a gas port already there because I had removed the 3-way fridge and put in a compressor style one. I filled the hole in the counter with a custom cut cutting board from Tap Plastics. Worked great!

I found a couple pics of it nearly done from a while back:

camper_galley.png

camper_galley2.png

That looks great! I like the stove there too and it gives you lots of centralized counter space. I ordered an Isotherm 65 Cruise which will be put in over the propane tanks (where your fridge is now) It is 21" tall so I don't believe I'll have the space for 2" of stove top. That would be ideal though as I could leave sink as is.What I don't get when I heard folks have done this is... if they did indeed swap locations... what one does with the faucet. Just doesn't seem workable. I will now remeasure the area above the propane. Perhaps I can lower that a tad to give me the added space needed on top. Again thanks for the photos. Here is a shot of not mine but a FWC build... but basically the same.

Attachments

• Engel Refrigerator Prep Eagle Model.JPG
    Engel Refrigerator Prep Eagle Model.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 111
Here is the interior...and a nice breakfast too. I am replacing the Engel.

Attachments

• IMG_2635.jpeg
    IMG_2635.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2634.jpeg
    IMG_2634.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 179
Hello Buckland,
Totally agree with you! When I built my Eagle shell (I built the cabinets myself) I made it so that stove was on the left. It is not that hard to do. The Wyfe likes to sleep in. I can make coffee and sit under the bed (floor level camp chair) and read in the morning. I have a folding piece of light metal that I put in the corner on the counter top to eliminate possibility of flame near walls.
Chris

Attachments

• counter_final.jpg
    counter_final.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 108
That photo looks good. I did the math for mine and it might not be worth the effort to move. I am installing a new Isotherm 65 fridge in that back corner so there just isn't room at the top. If I move sink to where stove is .. swap locations... I might be able to move faucet to left side of sink so bed can pull out... that's a maybe. That change will come after my fridge install and after my long 3 month trip. For that I will use the backpack stove on the sink chopping block cover while the Mrs gets her beauty sleep and I am down below rattling stuff around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom