Swift camper opinions

Timothy McGowen said:
Congratulations!
Thanks Tim! It was one of those hard pushes where a person needs to be sure on the money which is spent.

longhorn1 said:
Congrats. You will have fun. Try and focus on something else for the next 10-12 weeks, that is the hard part. What options did you order and what floor plan? Make sure you have FWC send you build photos and take yours when you get delivery. Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app
Thank you!! The options I I ordered for the Swift were 2 way fridge, furnace, water heater w/outside shower, Yakima tracks, rear wall steps, floodlights, thermal pack and the exterior gas strut assist.

I already have a new portable 80 watt Zamp solar panel with controller, and I have already taken care of the Reico Titan jacks.

WanderinGnarnia said:
Hey Im new to WTW and just got a fully equipped 2016 Swift. After years of research and saving $ I finally made it happen. I have slept in a fleet and swift and could not tell a huge difference between the two. Having different floor plan options is nice but I like the pull out couch option best either way. I needed the backseat space for my 9 year old black lab and extra storage, but did not like how long the 4 door six food bed truck was. So that put me with the 4 door short bed. I love how small and nimble the combo is. Has great ground clearance and I can turn around on a single track dirt road if I need too. The camper itself, I feel is very luxurious as far as camping goes. I have always been a backpacker, minimalist. With that mindset this thing feels like a 5 star hotel. If you pack lightweight and smart, their is plenty of storage space. Im 6' tall and I can lay out on the bed sideways while my dog get his own couch bed. Or I can lay on the couch no problem for stealth camping. I Have only had it a month and have already slept in it 11 times. Only winter camping so far in jackson hole area and glacier park, but Im sure summer camping is even easier.
Is the refrigerator a Indel Wabasto drawer style?

I finally received my camper on June 8th, where I went straight to the Sequoias, and met some friends who were tent camping. It rained on and off during two days, and I was sure glad to have the camper. Everything works great, and it is a joy to have. I am now more inclined to take off at a moments notice. Its nice not having to set up tents and tarps anymore, Having hot water and turning on the furnace in the morning was a huge plus. Thanks again Wanderingnarnia for giving that extra push, and you were right, there is a lot of room in a small package when packing correctly. I actually over packed for my first trip, and I still had plenty of room. All in all the camper is great and I am very happy with it.

Rob85 said:
I finally received my camper on June 8th, where I went straight to the Sequoias, and met some friends who were tent camping. It rained on and off during two days, and I was sure glad to have the camper. Everything works great, and it is a joy to have. I am now more inclined to take off at a moments notice. Its nice not having to set up tents and tarps anymore, Having hot water and turning on the furnace in the morning was a huge plus. Thanks again Wanderingnarnia for giving that extra push, and you were right, there is a lot of room in a small package when packing correctly. I actually over packed for my first trip, and I still had plenty of room. All in all the camper is great and I am very happy with it.
Great for you! I'm still on the fence on whether to get a swift for my 5 ft bed Frontier or start with a full size. We spend most of our time on 4wd roads in 4 low so I'm sure the smaller footprint would be a good thing. Reading what you and WanderinGnarnia are saying about comfort in the smaller package has me leaning to keeping my truck and getting a swift. Our truck is already setup with bumpers, winch, skids, sliders, lift, ect. I hate to start over.

We are minimalist campers right now with a roof top tent so I'm sure like both of you have said the swift would be pure luxury.

Back
Top Bottom