Tacoma/Eagle eye bold mounting advice

SLB

Wondering if there are any eagle/tacoma owners out there who could give some advice/tips on eye bold placement. We are going to order a FWC instal kit. We have a 2004 tacoma extra cab with a 6' bed and have found a used Eagle.

I searched and found a few threads on T100s but not on tacomas.

Cheers,
SLB

Wondering if there are any eagle/tacoma owners out there who could give some advice/tips on eye bold placement. We are going to order a FWC instal kit. We have a 2004 tacoma extra cab with a 6' bed and have found a used Eagle.

Cheers,
SLB

I'd got with that same advice as any other. Mount the fronts 3" off the front wall on the outside edge. Measure the distance for the rears off the used camper so there are not surprises and drill/install on the spot. Put them behind the camper eye bolts but not beyond where the camper flares out otherwise the camper will hit them.

Hello SLB

what year eagle camper did you find ?

that will make a big difference on where the eye bolts will go

feel free to call us monday if you like

800-242-1442

stan

=================================================

Cheers,
SLB

Thanks Pod/Stan for the replies. It is a 2002 Eagle

If the original owner still has the eye bolts in his truck bed, it would be best to put the eye bolts in your truck bed in the same spots he has his.

(duplicate the original installation)

But in general for a 2002 Eagle we did this ...

Front eye bolts all the way in the front corners of the truck bed.

Rear eye bolts 57.5" - 60.5" back from the front wall of the truck bed, as close to the side walls of the truck bed as possible.

I know for sure the front eye bolts always went in the very front corners.

I'm 99% sure of the rear eye bolts measurements.

BUT IF YOU WANT TO CALL CHICALI IN THE SERVICE DEPT.,
HE CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE BEFORE YOU DRILL THE LAST 2 HOLES.

CHICALI

800-242-1442

I thought I saw a 2002 Eagle on CL over the weekend, but can't find it today. I would see what options he REALLY has on it. It was a son selling for sick dad, or something like that. Ad said the camper has refrigerator, furnace, campers, jacks, etc. BUT, in the pictures it showed an ice box, no furnace, and no jacks or brackets. $8000 for a base model 2002 eagle seems pretty high $$$ !!

Attachments

• eye bolt-4.jpg
    eye bolt-4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 154
Thanks a bunch for the advise Stan. I talked to Chicali, who was super-helpful, and ordered a install kit from him.

I think you saw the same CL ad. Below is the copy of the ad..

""""""""""""""'
2002 Four Wheel Pop Up Camper

Date: 2010-02-28, 12:26PM
Great condition, belonged to my Father at one time who took very good care of it. Hard to find campers! Hurry won't last. I will send you websites where they are not many listed for less than $6,000. We have priced to sell. Moving and will no long have a garage to keep it in.
DESCRIPTION: Pop-up slide-in Truck Campers for mini Trucks. This one is in very good condition and was in a toyota tacoma, but will fit most any mini truck. Queen Size Sliding Bed, 20LB LP Tank, 3 Way Refrigerator, Single Bed Couch Conversion, Fantastic Fan, Fire Extinguisher, Monitor Panel, Pop-up Top, 15amp Service, 4 Corner Jacks, 12volt Porch Light, 12volt Lights, Fresh Water Holding Tank, Kitchen Sink w/ Hand Pump, Furnace Heat, 2 Burner Stove, ~690 lbs Empty, Sleeps 4.

Back
Top Bottom