Tail Light Wiring

cmck

Advanced Member
So I am going to try and get the stock tail lights back in this weekend on my Ranger 2, does anyone know how/where to access the wiring that goes into the camper on the driver side and then jumps across internally to the passenger side. I believe I have a short in there somewhere and would like to trace it back from the passenger side but do not see any access? In the photo you can see what I have done for now and my guess is the wiring runs under the door to the other side?

I may have to come up with a custom solution...

ChuteLK.jpg

Thanks for your input
Chris

Hi Chris,
I have the same model and I just finnished a partial interior rebuild. The wiring for the wing/brake on my Ranger 2 is seperate from the rest of the electrical and is directly behind the brakd light on the driver side. Both lights are connected and share a standard plug. Mine hangs down and is in plain sight. Do you have a hole in the plywood directly behind your brake light facing forward? I would submit a pic, but my camera quit and I have not purchased a replacement. Let me know if this helps. -Joel

Hi Chris,
I have the same model and I just finnished a partial interior rebuild. The wiring for the wing/brake on my Ranger 2 is seperate from the rest of the electrical and is directly behind the brakd light on the driver side. Both lights are connected and share a standard plug. Mine hangs down and is in plain sight. Do you have a hole in the plywood directly behind your brake light facing forward? I would submit a pic, but my camera quit and I have not purchased a replacement. Let me know if this helps. -Joel

Hi Joel,

I have the same set up I think, I have the hole in the drivers rear (front side) where the wiring enters. then it splits internally to each light.. I think somewhere between the passenger side and where that split is I have a short??..I attached some pics

thanks
Chris

Attachments

• COMP.jpg
    COMP.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 185
  • Rear full.jpg
    Rear full.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 190
We do have the same setup and it looks like you have a short. I plan to remove the wings and tail lights sometime in the near future. I can send you whole wiring and lens covers if you want them. They work great and I just dont like the way they look on the truck. -Joel

Back
Top Bottom