Take photos of those campgrounds! (we'll buy them from you).

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
We have decided that starting in 2012 we will now be paying people for photo contributions to the Camping USA database. The kinds of photos we would like can be seen here:

http://www.camping-usa.com/campdetails/32241/

Photos will need to fall within a set of guidelines and be approved by Camping USA staff. General guidelines (subject to change) are:

1. Photos must be of reasonable quality
2. Photos must be a minimum dimension of 640 pixels. Examples: 640x500 pixels or 500x640 pixels (one dimension, width or height, needs to be 640 or larger).
3. For the most part we only want photos for campgrounds in the CUSA database that currently do not have photos. We may make exceptions for current campgrounds that have poor quality photos or just 1 or 2 photos.
4. Up to 5 photos per campground.
5. Additional guidelines to be determined but the information above should get people started.

Payment will be in the neighborhood of 50 cents per photo. I know, it's not a whole lot, but why not snap a few photos and make a few bucks while you are there? We may revisit this rate in the future based on feedback and/or reward regular contributors with better pay or benefits.

And yes, if you have been a previous contributor, we will retroactively reimburse you once you sign up for the program.

Not sure how you intend to do this but have a suggestion. Rather than paying people small amounts each time they add some photos, create an account for each contributor. Then allow that person to cash out their account when they are ready. Someone who infrequently supplies photos may decide to cash out immediately. But someone that regularly supplies photos may decide to wait until their account is more significant in size. This is how it is done on a survey website I occasionally reply to. they pay $2 or $3 for each survey you respond to. I've gone a couple of years without cashing out. When I do, it is a decent amount. In the meantime, you are sitting on the account making interest for C-USA.

Not sure how you intend to do this but have a suggestion. Rather than paying people small amounts each time they add some photos, create an account for each contributor. Then allow that person to cash out their account when they are ready. Someone who infrequently supplies photos may decide to cash out immediately. But someone that regularly supplies photos may decide to wait until their account is more significant in size. This is how it is done on a survey website I occasionally reply to. they pay $2 or $3 for each survey you respond to. I've gone a couple of years without cashing out. When I do, it is a decent amount. In the meantime, you are sitting on the account making interest for C-USA.

We are going to have a payment threshold - probably 10 bucks. When you reach ten bucks we send you the money. We don't want to have lingering debts over long periods of time.

I'll sign up! What do I do?

For now keep taking those campground photos. I'll post updates here as I have them.

Back
Top Bottom