Temporary FWC website changes & Important FWC Model Changes . . .

Stan@FourWheel

Hello WanderTheWest members and readers

I wanted to send out an important camper model update to all of the potential Four Wheel Campers customers.

Over the past several weeks our staff, design engineers, production managers, and management team have been having some productive & important meetings on where Four Wheel Campers is going this next year, and where we want to be many years down the road.

Over the past 35 years, Four Wheel built their campers with a simple approach. Not too fancy, not too many options available. The basic approach = simplicity, durability, light weight, and low profile.

During the past 7 or 8 years we have been trying to adapt to new customer requests, bad economies, good economies, changing truck sizes, and other many other factors.

Just the past few years we have seen an increasing stress being put on our production department, design team, and the production workers because we have been trying to do too much, and offer TOO many different models, options, and customizations.

To be a successful camper manufactured we don't feel that we will be able to keep offering so many different models and so many custom options for each and every camper.

We have studied our sales numbers very carefully and have decided that it will be in the best interest for our factory, our dealers, and our customers if we discontinue a few of the "lowest" selling and odd-ball models.

For the most part it won't really affect too many people because we still have plenty of other choices for them.

: )

This last year we only sold 4 of the "Hard Top" / Hard Sided Cabover Models.

We only sold 2 of the big 9' foot Keystone Models.

We only sold a handful of the Kestrel Models.

And we only sold 1 of the custom build campers for a "step-side" truck.

So for the moment, we have decided to immediately stop offering the following models . . .

Models No Longer Available:

"Discontinued" -- Hard Top / Hard Sided Cabover Models

(these will be replaced by the Six-Pac campers next year)

"Discontinued" -- 9' Keystone Models

(the Grandby Model will be what customers will replace the Keystone Model with)

"Discontinued" -- Custom Shell Models for the weird "Step-Side Trucks"

(there really is not a market for these anyway)

"Discontinued" -- Kestrel Model (this was a custom version of the Hawk, unpublished for older Access Cab Toyota Tundra trucks)

The Hawk Model or the Fleet Model are still available and will fit the older Access Cab Toyota Tundra trucks.

Here is a list of the current camper models & prices we are currently offering . . .

GRANDBY MODEL = $ 13,795.00

HAWK MODEL = $ 13,595.00

RAVEN MODEL = $ 13,595.00

FLEET MODEL = $ 13,595.00

EAGLE MODEL = $ 13,195.00

FINCH MODEL = $ 13,195.00

EMPTY SHELL MODELS = $ 7,995.00

GRANDBY UTE FLAT BED MODEL = $ 21,595.00

HAWK UTE FLAT BED MODEL = $ 21,195.00

FLEET UTE FLAT BED MODEL = $ 20,595.00

With the Fleet Model, Hawk Model, Grandby Model, or any of the Flat Bed Models, we can still build these (and are still offering these) in the 'Self-Contained" Models. The Front Dinette Self-Contained floor plan is just one of many options you can choose for your new campers.

We are in discussions with a top web designer here in Sacramento that will be hopefully redesigning our FWC website from top to bottom & front to back. We are aware our website need help and we are going for it!

I was able to temporarily remove the "discontinued" models from our website.

We are in the process of having Dome Printing in Sacramento design and print full sized tri-fold color brochures for us as well. More information to follow on this as it is available.

Six-Pac Campers will be coming back next year.

Good things are on the way !

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

We here to help you in any way I can.

Stan Kennedy

Four Wheel Pop-up Campers

Best Wishes To FWC In The Years To Come. I'm Certain You Have Many Valued Customers Who Will Be Some Of Your Best Sales People! We'll Keep Spreading The Good Word.

Thanks For The Continued Relationships And Communication With Us, Even After The Sale.

Much as some people like to customize I've always been happy that FWC had a reasonably priced lightweight camper. Glad to hear thats not going to change. Other options are available for those not happy with that. The one thing thats really scares me when I hear what some people want, is building a camper thats going to be outside the range of the average entry level popup owner.

The website is showing a cajita model. Will you be producing those?

Thanks Stan, I think this is why you have so many friendly and committed users of you stuff-you care and listen -You guys have a good year!

Smoke

Thank you for the kinds words of encouragement.

And also for pointing out that the Cajita models started showing up for some crazy reason.

I dug in to our website a bit more today and cleaned it up the best I could.

Now only the current models available should be showing up.

I will be working on it the next few days (as time allows) to get things as current as I can and try to fix some other glitches I noticed.

Happy Camping!

:)

Hi Folks,

I'm new here. I'm thinking about getting a front-dinette Fleet for my 2007 Tacoma next spring, considering the various options. Meanwhile, I've been watching this forum and leaning a lot!

I have a question for you, Stan. In an interview with Truck Camper Magazine about a year ago, Tom Hanagan said, "Many folks have commented that they like the modern appearance of the Silver Spur interior, so now we are working on yet another interior style that is a departure from our traditional maple wood grained appearance. Stay tuned!"

What is that going to be?

Thanks...

We are still working on things.

Tom & our production team are searching local, national, & international for alternatives.

They haven't found the right product yet.

The hunt continues ...

Hello Stan I guess I am the only one that purchased a shell for a WEIRD STEP SIDE truck. Long ago all pickup trucks had fenders outside the bed. I guess youngsters don't remember that. Larry

Back
Top Bottom