Texas Backroad Borders Trip

XJINTX

In March we were able to complete a trip round the entire border of Texas (Big State) and we were able to release the first Video last night at the Texas Avid Off Road Adventures Fall Expo. It's our first video effort hope you or at least a couple of you may enjoy it :) I was glad I had my Hawk as you will see in future videos we encounter "Varied" weather ;)

This is great! Well done! I look forward to the continuing episodes.

It reminds me of the book “Goodbye To A River” by John Graves (a WW 2 Marine Officer) who, along with a dachshund pup, canoed a good stretch of the Brazos before it was dammed. His stories of the Comanches, the early settlers, the folks who then lived there, and the river as he passed by the historic sites are classic. If you haven’t read it, it’s worth it.

Loved it, compliments to Tim for his video/production work.

Roger, all I can say is wow. I followed very closely when you guys were on the trip through your posts. So much history. Can't wait for the rest of the story. jd

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
Looking forward to the next episode. Quick question: your radio comms were clear and crisp. What are you using?
We each had mobile and handheld Ham we actually had separate Mobil hooked to a recorder so all transmissions were recorded and Tim can integrate into videos :)

Awesome. I am getting ready to have an extended work absence and will be looking for these types of trips in which to indulge :)

Beach said:
Loved it, compliments to Tim for his video/production work.
Tim's work and Laud's planning is and was amazing!!! They rate up there with the best... I'm SO GLAD they let me tag along!!!

XJINTX said:
Tim's work and Laud's planning is and was amazing!!! They rate up there with the best... I'm SO GLAD they let me tag along!!!
Looked like that was a fun experience.

How is the trailer working for you? Any changes you would make?

Paul

Nice work!

One of my regrets while going to school in TX was not taking the time to explore this great state....one day.....

Great video on a fascinating part of the country. Looking forward to the rest of the story!

PaulT said:
Looked like that was a fun experience.

How is the trailer working for you? Any changes you would make?

Paul
Paul, I added Yakima Bars across the top so I can carry a Kayak. I wanted more clearance so I'm moving up to bigger Timbren axles. Not an issue but desired by me. No other mods... it's working fine as designed.

Attachments

• trekmate.jpg
    trekmate.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 86
Vic, my trailer is custom built by Trekmate out of Amarillo. They have stock models but will build to your requests. There are a few of us with FWC's that have them for more space and ease of use.

Back
Top Bottom