Thanksgiving 2015- Benton and beyond

Always so wonderful Lighthawk! We must have passed somewhere along 395 as we were heading home. I really like the cottonwood in Walker Canyon photo, very nice. Looking forward to the next part. :)

Thanks for bringing us along on the Thanksgiving trip Mr. Lighthawk. Wonderful country!

Your little raptor looks like a young Cooper's Hawk to me. They, along with Goshawks and Sharp Shins make up the accipiter family. They have longish tails, short wide wings, and have a flap flap glide flight pattern.

Great trip report. Have been by there many times, but never made the turn. Will have to do so.

Andy, I always enjoy your reports. Such a vast area to explore. Wish we could take off and be in places like that in a few hours. Great pictures. jd

Very nice trip report and beautiful photography. I really like exploring that area and you're right, it's hard to pass up a soak when you're so close to nice hot spring.

Lighthawk, that was a very nice trip and another of your excellent trip reports. The Lady and I enjoyed seeing familiar territory and some new, thanks! Great idea to head north on Eureka Valley Road and then the more adventurous route to 266. We haven't explored much in that area yet. The Lady wants to see Soldier Pass Canyon and I'd like to head into Slyvania where Jack Longstreet ran a saloon and where one of the more notable episodes in his life played out - lucky the Nevada border was close!

I believe that is an Engelmann's Hedgehog Cactus

:)

Back
Top Bottom