The Chiricahua and Gila Mountains

Bill, nice trip and report. I really enjoy the bird photos. We are hoping to get out on our spring "shakedown" pretty soon.

Nice write up, Bill. You have captured some excellent shots of the colorful birds, flowers and dragonfies!
I enjoy your narrative as well. I know how much work it takes to put it all down for others to enjoy. Thanks!

Another great report. What do you use for a camera? The bird shots are fantastic.

Bill in Stockton

Bill, looks like you had a great time exploring. We especially liked the elf owl, that was fun. Thanks for taking us along into your part of the West!

Thanks, everyone, for your nice comments!

billharr said:
Another great report. What do you use for a camera? The bird shots are fantastic.
Bill, Thanks. I created a page on my blog that covers all my cameras and lenses. Click the appropriate tab near the top of the page, just under the masthead photo. Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks for the great trip report! I was last in the Chiricahuas a little before the fire, and I haven't had the heart to go back since. After reading your report, I think it's time to visit again. Was it too early for the Elegant Trogon?

If you have an hour to kill, here's a link to a documentary on the Chiricahuas (before the fire):

highz said:
Thanks for the great trip report! I was last in the Chiricahuas a little before the fire, and I haven't had the heart to go back since. After reading your report, I think it's time to visit again. Was it too early for the Elegant Trogon?

If you have an hour to kill, here's a link to a documentary on the Chiricahuas (before the fire):
I was apprehensive, but now am relieved. Cave Creek canyon was essentially untouched. It wasn't until the highest elevations that the fire scars showed up - and the west slopes looked bad.

Yes, too early for Trogons this season. Red-faced Warblers were reported in numbers about 2.5 miles up Greenhouse Trail off Herb Martyr Rd, but I didn't have time to check the area out.

Thanks for including the video. I've put it on my "watch it later" list.

Back
Top Bottom