The "Eagle Model" will be discontinued on March 1st, 2016

SWE said:
It was nice to have the eagle option, but I love my fleet on my taco. That extra room makes all the difference, especially with the front dinet. I put the dodge style mirrors on (Ebay) and they work great for seeing around the camper. Fold them up and down if needed and no issues with vibration. $150 mod and less than 45 minutes to install, then sell your old mirrors on ebay and darn near break even on cost. I can see where the smaller profile and a few extra pounds lighter would make sense for some, but if it isn't selling….
Howdy from Pagosa :)

Stalking Light said:
The only extra room I'd like to have is on the floor, and I'd need a wider truck bed to get that. ;)
If you have the roll over couch you lose 7 inches of aisle space compared to the old model couch. When FWC had a place in Riverside California, I went and looked and thought wow these roll over couches are pretty neat, I want one.... until I got out the measuring tape. The older model is harder to access the storage but worth it for the extra room.

cwd

cwdtmmrs said:
If you have the roll over couch you lose 7 inches of aisle space compared to the old model couch. When FWC had a place in Riverside California, I went and looked and thought wow these roll over couches are pretty neat, I want one.... until I got out the measuring tape. The older model is harder to access the storage but worth it for the extra room.

cwd
I have the side dinette, but my point was that the floor space on the Eagle and Fleet are the same, limited by the by the size of the pickup bed.

Stalking Light said:
I have the side dinette, but my point was that the floor space on the Eagle and Fleet are the same, limited by the by the size of the pickup bed.
Yes, I understand that. My point was how much more usable floor space there is with the old style couch than the roll over design.

cwd

...That is reason I built a "Gaucho" couch and only made my sink counter 15 inches deep.
2-3 adults have a lot more room in the cabin to move around.

I want to buy a used Eagle..perfect for my 2004 Tacoma. clowe@ida.net

Back
Top Bottom