The first overlanders

craig333

Riley's Human
Makes me wonder if I'd have had it in me. I don't recall seeing this here before but if I missed it I apologize.

Pretty interesting stuff. I had that in my YouTube watch later que for awhile and finally did it the other day. As for “had it in me”, I think it’s a timeline sensitive thing. After seeing the pictures in your CDF post I’d wager the following:

If you had the opportunity and some of the resources in your chronological young adult time, you would have been all about it. Why? Because it would have been an adventure. That and between the general impetuousness of youth and the fun factor override, little critical though would be given to the how or what could be a barrier or general problem to the mission to dissuade your launching.

Thank you for sharing.

Craig, this is great, thanks for sharing. I’m checking my wayback machine, also known as faulty memory, for an Oregon Public TV production of a very early coast to coast race. I’ll post it if I can find it, it would compliment the Lincoln Highway video.

Edit: the wayback machine was a little off, but not by much, it was a Ken Burns video about a 1903 CtC trip. If you can find it, it’s worth a few minutes to watch.

0BD8F60E-EEAE-4F62-A45D-B4500D432DEB.jpeg

Gee I see the “Tin Can Tourists” are still alive today. . That would be a nice name for a rig if it wasn’t derogatory. Every time I pick up cans and trash at a camp spot now I will think about this.
Thanks for the posting.
Also I think the real hard part would be wearing a neck tie!

Back in 2010 I ran across these guys.They were part of a tour from Florida
traveling through Yellowstone.Also in the fall there is a fundraising tour open to all classic cars
that for a week travels through the whole Yellowstone area and stays at some of the resorts
overnight.I remember fishing in the Fire Hole river and watching Cobras ,Corvettes,Ferraris
and all sort of old cars,just cruising through the park.So cool.
Thanks for the link.
Frank

glacier yellowstone 9 09 104.jpg

glacier yellowstone 9 09 103.jpg

Back
Top Bottom