The "Get her done" look....screw, glue, gut. Repeat as needed

GoodMack

camp strut frnt sm.jpgcamp strut rear sm.jpgcamp roof pv sm.jpgI've had this old beast almost a decade now but it was in dire need of attention. I had modified it to "fit " my short bed duramax - hence the wood covered compartments on either side. One stores a pair of propane tanks, the other the elec cords as well as the exterior shower related fuel and water hook ups, Under a time and materials budget to accommodate a long late summer expedition, I have eschewed any pretense at fine carpentry, upholstery etc

That said- its kinda coming together... [BTW this Forum is an absolute godsend ]

today I finished the vinyl repair panels at each corner. we hope to get to Nova Scotia so I'll be packing another order of 18oz yinyl/polyester and a can of HH 66- the old vinyl is on its last last legs but still held the glue.
I also installed lifting struts- those PC panels are old military surplus and purty hefty, I got 40" because in a moment of irrational exuberance I envisioned a taller top a la Tim .... really ? I can be nut case....

The interior was also inspired by this site, I had just taken my first dive into marine carpet as I redid my Very Ancient Lund [a "Mr Pike" - it says so on the label] stem to stern so I used it for cupboard tops. Relocated the table bracket and post to fit in the corner and then used the same cutting board I used to "extend" the counter top forward to the wall as a new much smaller table

Put in a sliding upper bunk, a couple of 6v cart batteries, an old 2500w Trace inverter left over as I upgraded my home solar set up , a switch panel for the electrics, a cut off key for the battery , LEDs and an Edgestar 63 qt fridge.

Attachments

• camp inter small.jpg
    camp inter small.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 239
  • camper kit small.jpg
    camper kit small.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 261
  • camper frig small.jpg
    camper frig small.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 219
again, inspired by discussions about EMT lifter assemblies here on WTW .... Rodents had reeked havoc a couple winters back and rear corners had leaked - the original lifting mechanism was 30% rotten, vinyl was nasty, original foam rubber had been used to create a nest in the kitchen drawer etc etc..... So I bent tubing - made some progress on hinge locations, hung thin nylon over floating floor foam insulation and have something we can live with.....camper emt lifterD.jpg

Good job on the “get’er done” project. Can’t imagine how much havoc those little rascals can do. This site is a fantastic source of information.
Welcome and congrats ont progress so you can enjoy your camper.
Russ

Back
Top Bottom