The Ghosts of Ophir

I very much enjoy your writing and your pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share them!

Foy

Another gem of a tale 3Pinners. Cool adventure. Plus you got to close the loop and meet the Dirty Dog(s).

That was a tough one to wait out. Great report as usual. Thanks for sharing.

That Diego is a bad dude. Here he is letting Donna know that he will lean into her even more if she doesn't keep petting:
gallery_176_18_1651634.jpg

It was great meeting the ski3pins and the weekend was quite the grand adventure despite the extreme weather! Ski's writeup is excellent and covers it all so I'll just add some of my photos from the trip.

Big Springs Reservoir, Sheldon NWR
gallery_2_14_28568.jpg

Bob Scott Campground above Austin in a wicked Memorial Weekend storm
gallery_2_14_59196.jpg

Inside of a miners cabin at Ophir
gallery_2_14_167926.jpg

Old stamp mill at Ophir
gallery_2_14_105085.jpg

Old stamp mill at Ophir
gallery_2_14_36575.jpg

Abominable snow monster sighting at Ophir
gallery_2_14_75393.jpg

Hiking Ophir Pass
gallery_2_14_140731.jpg

Hiking Ophir Pass
gallery_2_14_148960.jpg

Hiking Ophir Pass
gallery_2_14_69386.jpg

View of Mount Jefferson from Ophir Pass
gallery_2_14_20224.jpg

Fire sculpture
gallery_2_14_114902.jpg

Finally a break in the weather - Ophir
gallery_2_14_57685.jpg

The last day of our trip was really amazing. The weather couldn't be any better for a Memorial Day at the Austin cemetery - truly a beautiful scene.
gallery_2_14_53069.jpg

That was a tough one to wait out. Great report as usual. Thanks for sharing.

That Diego is a bad dude. Here he is letting Donna know that he will lean into her even more if she doesn't keep petting:

Did insurance ever reimburse Donna for her prosthetic hand? Still sorry about all that......

All, thanks for the kind comments. DD great photo in the Austin cemetery. This was our third Memorial Day to travel through Austin. We have been impressed with the care and effort that the local folks put into readying the cemetery for Memorial Day. Glad you took the time to stop!

Back
Top Bottom