The Grand Adventure - Summer 2018

Yellowstone, even with the crowds, is my wife's favorite place on earth. Even though its been about ten years since our last visit we still talk about various things we discovered there.

Thanks for taking us along!

Thanks Ski.Did you do any fishing in the park? If not you missed out on some great fun.
Back at Cache Creek there are some nice spots to fish.
I caught several out of some of the pools there.
What a great adventure.
You will have to go back later/earlier in the year next time.
Frank

Thanks for the great trip reports, I enjoyed reading them. It has been a couple decades since I was at Yellowsotne / Tetons and I should plan a trip ...

A terrific report I could have gone for a lot longer reading about your trip.
The beavers are cool.

Yeah the "outdoors" are getting more crowded every year.
I guess there only two choices first go out and enjoy and the
second,I don't want to think about.

Keep on traveling/posting.
Frank

That was quite the summer adventure! We had a similar experience with busy National Parks this summer. It's still possible to find beautiful surroundings and solitude even with the crowds as you showed. You have some very nice photos to remember your trip by. Thanks for all the work that goes into your reports. They are fun to read and the photos are great.

smlobx said:
Yellowstone, even with the crowds, is my wife's favorite place on earth. Even though its been about ten years since our last visit we still talk about various things we discovered there.

Thanks for taking us along!
Thanks for the nice comment! Yellowstone is incredible and worthy of a "favorite place on earth." :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Ski.Did you do any fishing in the park? If not you missed out on some great fun.
Back at Cache Creek there are some nice spots to fish.
I caught several out of some of the pools there.
What a great adventure.
You will have to go back later/earlier in the year next time.
Frank
No fly fishing in the Park this trip................................. :)

Elken said:
Thanks for the great trip reports, I enjoyed reading them. It has been a couple decades since I was at Yellowsotne / Tetons and I should plan a trip ...
You are welcome! :)

Vic Harder said:
Wonderful stuff. Makes me want to go back again and again!
Us too! :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
A terrific report I could have gone for a lot longer reading about your trip.
The beavers are cool.

Yeah the "outdoors" are getting more crowded every year.
I guess there only two choices first go out and enjoy and the
second,I don't want to think about.

Keep on traveling/posting.
Frank
Thanks Frank! You have to like beavers!

takesiteasy said:
That was quite the summer adventure! We had a similar experience with busy National Parks this summer. It's still possible to find beautiful surroundings and solitude even with the crowds as you showed. You have some very nice photos to remember your trip by. Thanks for all the work that goes into your reports. They are fun to read and the photos are great.
Thanks takesiteasy! :)

longhorn1 said:
Amazing trip report and a great time you both had. Thanks for sharing. jd
Thanks John! :)

Mainer said:
Thanks for posting, I really enjoy your writing.
You are very welcome. Thanks for reading and we are glad you enjoyed it!

Occidental said:
Thanks Mr. 3Pin, I read and enjoyed the entire story.
Thanks Occidental! We both are looking forward to your next adventure. :)

Oh yes the next adventure! We are getting ready for a November trip to California, down hwy 395 with various stops, on to the Mojave Trail, Joshua Tree and hopefully a few other side trips. Several destinations inspired by posts here on WTW!

Occidental said:
Oh yes the next adventure! We are getting ready for a November trip to California, down hwy 395 with various stops, on to the Mojave Trail, Joshua Tree and hopefully a few other side trips. Several destinations inspired by posts here on WTW!
That sounds great! I expect an old white Ranger with an ATC aboard may be out and about along the 395 corridor at times during the next couple of months....................

When we lived in eastern Idaho our trips to Yellowstone and Grand Teton in the spring, fall and occasionally even summer proved you can have an enjoyable experience with a little planning and patience. You just have to go into it with the right attitude and a willingness to share the experience. Besides, solitude can often be found just a short distance down a trail. I do recommend investing in bear spray and knowing how to use it.

Those were some wonderful days for you. Isn’t is great that we can explore this fabulous country, especially the West? We enjoyed Lemhi Pass and Bannock (a movie was being filmed while we were there 2 years ago). I like how you get out there and really explore. The photos are very excellent at showing what you are doing without revealing too much about an area. You two seem to have a knack for visiting cool places. Like your wife, I am the navigator and my husband calls himself the designated driver. It is fun planning our next adventures. That should keep me busy during the next 4 months of drizzle and grey skies.

I enjoyed the part about pulling out metal fence posts. My husband actually has a pole jack with chain. We also have a Kubota 2501 that we use for farm chores but quit mowing the lawn years ago.

I hope you keep traveling and sharing. I truly enjoy your writing and photos.

Back
Top Bottom