The guys on Expo are getting a little silly but I like this motto

craig333 said:
The overlander's motto: when the going gets tough, get out and take a photo.
Thats the age we are in. Most people seem to be more interested in going somewhere to take a selfie then actually to experience the location. That said its really fun to show off your photos to jealous friends...

I admit I have taken a few selfies- mostly to send to the kids. But I guess we are not true overlanders. On our last trip we drove through some challenging spots and I was having so much fun I forgot to take any pictures. Of course, the other current popular saying is "no pics, didn't happen" so I guess proof must be shown or you didn't really have the experience, haha.

Yeah, while I've got the death grip on the steering wheel praying for traction is not the time I usually think about taking a pic!

craig333 said:
Yeah, while I've got the death grip on the steering wheel praying for traction is not the time I usually think about taking a pic!
That pretty much sums up my experience. I tend to leave all the photos and stuff to my co-driver but they are typically out spotting me... Or sitting in my front seat with their eyes closed praying...

Well, I've taken three selfies to show to Great Clips. It does seem to have improved the qualities of my haircuts. Beyond that, nope, no way.

Of course, the other current popular saying is "no pics, didn't happen" so I guess proof must be shown or you didn't really have the experience, haha.

Always seem to take at least one photo of one or both of us on a trip.Proof I guess.
Don't know about the "selfie" though. Tried some and they looked bad,real bad.
Stick to the camera timer for our together photo.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom