The Landscape Photography Thread

pvstoy said:
Did not realize you have such a problem there with clowns. Glad you had a break as they can be ruthless. ;)
Actually we have a lot of clowns around here!
As far as the eclipse we had a slight break in the CLOUDS.
My fingers typed faster than my mind was thinking.
Oh well that's what happens to us geezers.
Frank

I've been spending stormy evenings going through photos from a 2007 backpack trip in Wyoming's Wind River Range. I've always loved this view of Titcomb Basin.

WindRiver-One-236-copy.jpg

Me too!!!

Just great, now you've brought back memories of being there. Thanks!

Wait there are more...mosquitos, bitting black flys, rain. But it would be nice to be there now matter the little disconviences.

We had a thunder storm during one night that a single rumble of thunder would last 45 seconds, it was a hoot!

pvstoy said:

Wait there are more...mosquitos, bitting black flys, rain. But it would be nice to be there now matter the little disconviences.

We had a thunder storm during one night that a single rumble of thunder would last 45 seconds, it was a hoot!
Sure evidence you have spent time in the Winds! :)

Seven weeks in Baja this winter. Finally getting around to some of them. I shot way too many but here are a few.

BajaMisc-L.jpg

Got to discover some new terrain this year. Some of it the most remote areas I've been to in Baja. Alot of work to get there but the solitude and scenery......spectacular.

BajaMisc-2-L.jpg

TimB%20Drone-3-L.jpg

This is why I have a FWC!

BajaBloom-L.jpg

DeLores-4-L.jpg

MoonBW-L.jpg

Great shots! Someday I'd like to make a long trip to Baja. Hopefully there will still be some wild spots left by the time I'm able.

Thanks for the compliments on the shots. Here's another one I shot of a very angry shore break down in Todo Santos. This was some scary stuff. Stuff was so big you could easily get sucked off the beach, and if so, you'd be dealing with this.

TodosBreak-XL.jpg

Park... THAT IS A AWESOME SURF IMAGE!!!!

That is some terrific action and powerful force not to be too close to.

A very impressive shore break...

WOW!

Lighthawk said:
TodosBreak-XL.jpg

Serious shore break. Respect the Pacific Ocean! Super capture with some sweet light catching the face of the wave.
OMG... that is so awesome! If I saw that anywhere else but here I would think it was fake. WOW...

Vic Harder said:
OMG... that is so awesome! If I saw that anywhere else but here I would think it was fake. WOW...
I can assure you it's not. Very steep beach and the first wave hits the beach and pours back out to sea. Before it can recede the incoming wave plows into it and everything goes straight up. I was phototgraphing some surfers about a quarter mile down from here when I kept noticing this. I walked down the beach and shot this scene over the surfer shots. I wouldn't of wanted to get sucked out in this and I'm a strong swimmer. It was only occurring along this one stretch and I'm sure it had something to do with the heavy beach erosion in this one spot.

Awesome shot. Attention getting for sure. I love the clouds and hills in the background too.

How much post work was done to the image? As an observer who is for the most part ignorant of photography, I have three details that stand out. 1) the color of the water is beyond my surf experience 2) the light that travels horizontally along the wave about midway up seems to crystallize (highly reflective) upon it. Almost like icing at one point towards the right end of its reach. 3) the waterline edge is very sharp/distinct. Juxtaposed with the sand it lends an eerie sense to the beach.

Thanks for sharing. I bet my roommate will seriously consider painting this.

Back
Top Bottom