The Sweetwater Mountains

Another great run :) ! You guys (and a few others) are doing what I would do if I had a pop-up camper 20 years ago :oops: , instead of just my old camper shell/truck and my back pack ! I know you both realize how much more stuff you can see and do --in comfort-and no just staying until the ice runs out (4 days) or two or so weeks of heavy duty back packing --now you can use that truck/pop-up as that wonderful movable base camp. to get into all those wonderful places-then explore. Well can't complain can I-I mean had almost 50 years of roughing it, now as long as I can keep driving, & I already have done seven years of the easy life, bet I can make another ten or fifteen before I need to worry. These trips of yours into places that I have and have not been before really help me figure out where to go next--or revisit. We must be great advertisements for the pop-up life ;) . Well off to the Sheldon in a few days, getting braver and getting closer to my my old stomping grounds in the High Rock Country, but not ready yet to see how it's probably different now from when we were doing the planning before it was an NCA-I mean they close it down in the winter now! :D I can only take so many miles of wash board roads these days so I need plenty of planning!

Smoke

Looks like great trip!! With Lahontan cutthroat trout to boot!!!

I'm on the road, near Fort Rock, Oregon. Heading down to the Sheldon tomorrow or Wednesday. Who knows, I might even see Smoke down there.

Your trip blog continues to set the benchmark we all look to. You are getting out more than us retired guys.

Buy the way this is the picture you need to send to the Truck Camper Magazine Calendar contest.
Sweetwater-May2014-057-copy.jpg

Another great report ski. We love the Sweetwater range too and used to ski tour on the east side occasionally when we lived in Reno. Your report brought back a lot of memories - thanks!

Another great report. Many thanks.

I appreciate the signboard pics about the Lahontan trout. I had no idea they ran so big, back in the day!

Foy

You folks sure know how to leverage a weekend.

Smart move getting off the hill when the white stuff starts stacking up. That was one heck of a fast moving storm. I was in Sierra Valley and crossed Donner Summit that same day and it was dramatic.

That was one heck of a fishy photo. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom