The Ultimate Four Wheel Camper Buyers Guide

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
I'm trying to help with some house keeping and organization here. I hope this helps make things a bit easier to find. I am putting links here to several great resources on Four Wheel Campers, whether you are thinking new or wanting to make a good buy on a used unit.

DirtyDog started the FWC Used Buyers Guide

natjwest put together a great set of steps on buying used Nine Steps to Success

DirtyDog also put together a nice Four Wheel Campers Review - Members Input

5444 put together a thread on Camper Weight

If there are other threads you would want included here, please send me a PM.

JJAv8or said:
None of the links above worked for me.
Thanks for pointing this out.
It's an unfortunate side-effect of the recent forum-software update -- broken links due to a change in how forum-topic pages are named.
I found the topics that were supposed to be linked to (using Advanced Search) and corrected the links...should work now.

ski3pin said:
<snip>
they do work now, thanks Mr. BC!
You're welcome, sir -- just doin my job.
There are, however, many, many other broken links (links to posts) -- too many to fix them all manually. If members spot important/key links that are broken, please report them.

Is there a forum or area on this website for placing a "For Sale" ad? Thanks

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone have some suggestions for selling our Fleet 4WC? Its practically brand new, we got it late May 2017. We have used it for a few camping trips this summer. Enough to find out it is too small for us and the dog and all our gear. One of us is a road bicyclist and the other a Plein Air painter. We have a lot of stuff!
The vehicle is clean as is the camper. We never really used the stove for more than boiling water, no greasy frying odors. Everything works great. We like that we could go where ever we wanted in it and just camp out.
It was a challenge to get into the bunk and move around easily as we are older retired folks. Lifting up the top was not hard, the lifts made it easy. But I also think my husband (who is 72) just didn't like hitting his head on the door when he gets in as he is not as flexible as he used to be.
So we are looking for a bigger truck and a bigger camper. But first we need to see what we already have.
I am going to take out all our personal items like dishes and food and clean everything plus winterize it. That is basically draining the water tank. I am also going to spray some UV protector on the outside of the canvas as I did it about 3 months ago and it could use another coat.
Any suggestions as to getting it ready to sell plus marketing tips are appreciated. I already posted an ad here but then thought that the persons who read this forum would be a good resource.
Thanks so much,
Cedar

At this time of year it may take a little longer to sell a camper than in the spring or early summer so I wouldn't get too anxious if it takes a little while to sell. I would also recommend placing an ad on the Boulder/Denver Craigslist as the market for this type of camper is pretty large in the front range.

Rando,
Thanks for your advice. I see our camper and truck are priced similar to other vehicles for sale. At least no one on Wander the West sends me snide remarks like on CL. I appreciate that a lot!

You need a thick skin on CL, but you can also just ignore all the silliness. I saw your ad, it looks good and I think your pricing is fair. There just happen to be a lot of campers for sale right now at the end of the fair weather camping season. If it doesn't sell now, and you are not in a hurry to sell, the market definitely seems to heat up in April/May/June at the start of the new season.

Hello, I'm new to the site here. I've been looking somewhat passively for a solid FWC Hawk for the past six months, using Craigslist alerts in a few areas in a circle from my location (Joseph, NE Oregon). This guide is great, thanks to all for the content. After reading it, I'm definitely thinking the Craigslist alerts are not cutting it. Craiglook seemed to be a great way to get a jump on the postings, but as noted in this thread, it has been down for years. A web search of Craiglook, brings up Claz.org, but I can't tell if that is searching all of Craigslist.
What is the latest/recommended Craiglook equivalent, if any?
Any help would be much appreciated! As well as any leads on Hawks for sale (and I'll keep monitoring the Gear Exchange and Used Pop Up Camper Alert fora as well)
Many thanks,
Kyle

Welcome to the cult.
Probably one of the best sources is this site.
Check daily for the "used truck pop up camper alert"thread.
There have been a lot of campers for sale lately but they go very fast.
Good luck in your search.
Frank

kwpetrocine said:
Hello, I'm new to the site here. I've been looking somewhat passively for a solid FWC Hawk for the past six months, using Craigslist alerts in a few areas in a circle from my location (Joseph, NE Oregon). This guide is great, thanks to all for the content. After reading it, I'm definitely thinking the Craigslist alerts are not cutting it. Craiglook seemed to be a great way to get a jump on the postings, but as noted in this thread, it has been down for years. A web search of Craiglook, brings up Claz.org, but I can't tell if that is searching all of Craigslist.
What is the latest/recommended Craiglook equivalent, if any?
Any help would be much appreciated! As well as any leads on Hawks for sale (and I'll keep monitoring the Gear Exchange and Used Pop Up Camper Alert fora as well)
Many thanks,
Kyle
Couple of good ones popped up today... best prices/shape I have seen in a while!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Welcome to the cult.
Probably one of the best sources is this site.
Check daily for the "used truck pop up camper alert"thread.
There have been a lot of campers for sale lately but they go very fast.
Good luck in your search.
Frank
Thank you Frank!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom