The way it was

Darryla

In anticipation of getting my new Bobcat in the next two weeks, I thought I give you guys a laugh and show you how it was.

Attachments

• Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 444
Some Guy In Some Office

Will look at that picture tomorrow, while he's supposed to be working, and think to himself, "I would give anything to be there".

Looks like you sprayed lighter fluid on a whole pile of logs there :D

I was going to bring that up, but, I didn't want to seem insulting, but nowhere in my Boy Scout manual is there any mention of KingsFord charcoal lighter. According to the manual all you need is a stick and some string.

I was going to bring that up, but, I didn't want to seem insulting, but nowhere in my Boy Scout manual is there any mention of KingsFord charcoal lighter. According to the manual all you need is a stick and some string.

Well you can demonstrate that during the pig roast.

Well you can demonstrate that during the pig roast.

I guess I forgot something, a Bic lighter, so you can light the stick and string.

In anticipation of getting my new Bobcat in the next two weeks, I thought I give you guys a laugh and show you how it was.

Nothing to laugh at... we've all been there!

Attachments

• cata.jpg
    cata.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 422
  • clam.jpg
    clam.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 409
We've all been there. I don't have any pictures of the "old days" but sure don't miss the tents that are currently gathering dust in the garage.

Nothing to laugh at... we've all been there!

So true....

WRT+WCC+2.jpg

old+bed+2.jpg

UtahArizona063.jpg

"I swear to all that is Holy, I'm going to buy a Four Wheel Camper!" -
ExPoRally026.jpg

"I swear to all that is Holy, I'm going to buy a Four Wheel Camper!" -
ExPoRally026.jpg

Oh I've so been there before. Woke up one morning in late Nov. in north dakota to frost/ice on everything, we just shoved everything into the back of the truck as fast as we could with no care for order and got on the road to get the heat rolling, haha.

Maybe I"ll scan a few of the old pics and show you how I did it.

My very last trip before I picked up the camper, it was cold, I was sleeping in the bed of the truck. Woke up in the morning and the dog who normally sleeps on my bag, was all the way inside at my feet. I may have fun telling stories of the old days around the campfire, but don't really miss freezing my butt off.

The good ol' days

I've done the snow and tent thing too. If I could be that young again, I would happily trade back to that truck.:)

Attachments

• _00012.jpg
    _00012.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 302
Ahh, memories...

In the 90s I racked up about 260,000 miles on a 91 Chevy 1/2 ton with a fiberglas shell. A piece of plywood, some indoor/outdoor carpet, a plastic storage tub, a cooler, and a sleeping bag. I went all over the west with that thing. :D

I really liked the 22-24 MPG, but getting dressed lying down (couldn't quite sit up in it) and the cold - not so much. I bought a FWC shell with a furnace!

Back
Top Bottom