The Whiner's Thread

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Yup, I'm whining, not to mention I'm too old for this!!!

image.jpeg

Nothing like trying to find a broken water line that's buried in fill that's mostly rock the size of my head. At my dad's cottage.

Feel free to add your whine to the list. ;)

The power was off at my house -- and much of Bend -- for 70 minutes this morning.
And I haven't received an apology from Pacific Power. :( Maybe they'll send a gift basket later...

I'm a juror in a 3 week civil trial... wait for it... now in it's 7th week.
Probably enough said, however...

Got a call from the superior court clerk two hours ago that the attorneys and judge are trying to figure out the jury instructions which were supposed to take 1/2 day today (this AM) and then we were supposed to hear closing summaries this afternoon and then start delibrations on the next day, however, the court clerk said to not come in this afternoon at 1:30pm, and instead come in the next day at 1:30pm.

I'll be waiting for the same call from the court clerk tomorrow.

What do you call a law student that gets all "C's" and still somehow passes their bar exam?
An Attorney.

And the hits just keep on coming.

The Bride is waiting for something similar, we find out next week (maybe) if she's on the panel. Supposed to go into November. No mention of which year. :(

Mr. Sage, how can you whine??????

Dig for a blocked septic tank system line you need to replace.........................

Alley-Kat said:
I'm a juror in a 3 week civil trial... wait for it... now in it's 7th week.
Probably enough said, however...

Got a call from the superior court clerk two hours ago that the attorneys and judge are trying to figure out the jury instructions which were supposed to take 1/2 day today (this AM) and then we were supposed to hear closing summaries this afternoon and then start delibrations on the next day, however, the court clerk said to not come in this afternoon at 1:30pm, and instead come in the next day at 1:30pm.

I'll be waiting for the same call from the court clerk tomorrow.

What do you call a law student that gets all "C's" and still somehow passes their bar exam?
An Attorney.

And the hits just keep on coming.
Oh no Alley-Kat. My trial was supposed to be three days, we're now in day five. Got sent home early today. I feel your pain.

I have never used my shower in my pop (not once)-up-but I like to smell when I'm in the woods-sort of like makes me feel like I belong ;) ! However, if I was digging a trench I would-it sort of depends on your prospective :D ! As for my pet peeve! Unfortunately, I am a rabid SF 49er and Giant fan and tuning into a game while in the boonies can be a problem. Why? Because even if you can find a game station some type of "other noise" seems to come in and override it. This always happens during the most important part of the game. What is really bothersome is that these are ones that even on a good day I would not listen too-like Spanish speaking, hate radio, religious or in our area, a Chinese speaking station! I know, I should be content and just enjoy nature but I am weak--------so after 40 some years of fighting it,I just bought a SiriusXM radio and I now listen to what I want too and that includes my old friend from my Army years-BBC!

Smoke

Ok, I am resurrecting this thread, it’s gone dormant, but needs reviving.

I have a great new whine, actually threee, but I’ll just go with one. It’s 81° degrees today, and there isn’t any rain in the immediate future, so I turned the sprinkler system on. Legs one and two worked great, leg three dribbles. My suspicion is a broken pipe under a portion of the lawn that’s occasionally driven on. I found a damp spot between two sprinkler heads. As soon as the sun gets a little lower, I will get a string line between the sprinklers, start digging. Not a big deal, but I wanted to go up the Columbia Gorge for the wildflower show.

Want to hear about the other two? :p

Nah, no septic systems... these are minor whines now.

(2) I just wasted time time trying to find hip boots for dog training in marshy areas nothing fit, or they had felt soles...

(3) I ordered a new barrel for the Remington 870 I’ve had for 60 years. The customer service rep said it would fit... it didn’t. Hunting upland birds with a 30’ full choke barrel gives lots of misses (my strong suit) or quail burger if you dont let them get a ways out and get lucky enough to hit.

Ok, whine is complete. Anyone else want a turn?

Whine report: first dig was within 8” of the break.

We allowed a surveyor in last year to survey for the development surrounding our property. He put a 2x2 survey stake dead center through a pipe. I’m thinking he gets two weeks in the electric chair.

Wandering Sagebrush, wildflowers are beautiful up the Gorge right now - hope you have a chance to go see them. I even got a bit of a sun burn (not rust for once) going there this week.

My little whine for the week is that my great wife decided to build a "cute" little rock wall along side a cedar fence. The pressure of the rocks tilted the fence and even disconnected a section. So to straighten it I need to move the entire "cute" rock wall -really.

moveinon said:
My little whine for the week is that my great wife decided to build a "cute" little rock wall along side a cedar fence. The pressure of the rocks tilted the fence and even disconnected a section. So to straighten it I need to move the entire "cute" rock wall -really.
It's always like this. :)

Moose Dog said:
One word whine: Gophers.
I think a one word whine is the winner for the day. Gophers got it! The only one better would be “skunks”.

moveinon, thanks for the flower report. I’m going to try for Rowena tomorrow or Thursday. I hope the winds let up.

Back
Top Bottom