The Whiner's Thread

Ticks galore, including increasing numbers of Lone Star ticks which can leave their host with allergies to red meat for life. Geese nesting along the pond. Soon they'll be training their goslings on lawn destruction techniques. Beavers damming the pond's feeder Creek. Order from the City to remove the dams, which is impossible--gotta remove the beavers, which by the way have girdled (and therefore killed) 3 big poplars and a gum tree on the edge of said pond, so I'll have to drop and remove them. Many restrictions as to methods of beaver eradication. Deer keep destroying ornamental plantings. Boy, do I love nature right about now.

Oh, and the cute, furry squirrels chewed a hole in the gasoline tank on my DR Field and Brush Mower. DR only wants $80 for a replacement. Lovely.

I think ticks is the winner - GAH. Please tell me, what is the evolutionary purpose of ticks?!??

Happy to be doing something I'm good at...

Moose Dog said:
... Please tell me, what is the evolutionary purpose of ticks?!??...
The purpose?
Because they can - like everything else. :D

But I don't like them either!

The evolutionary purpose of ticks is to make more ticks. It is the biological imperative... little bastards.

Alan

Definitely a whiner winner! Ticks are an important food source for many birds and reptiles. Not that that makes them more appealing in any way, haha.

Moose Dog said:
I think ticks is the winner - GAH. Please tell me, what is the evolutionary purpose of ticks?!??

Happy to be doing something I'm good at...

Ticks for sure but I'll add spiders. Now I have no problem with a spider that knows it place. Don't bother me and I won't bother you. However when black widow takes up residence in the back seat of truck I take offense.

Ok here is one of mine.

Planning for a trip then life rears its ugly head and responsibilities take priority, trip postponed.

Russ

Or maybe I thought this thread was about a good Chardonnay, or Pinot like Barefoot Pinot Grigio. Oh well some whines are better than other wines right.

Back
Top Bottom