Thermal Liner Cleaning

Platano

Anyone have experience with removing the thermal liner (Arctic Pack) to clean it. We are wondering about shrinking issues in this process. Thanks for any insight ya'll might have.

Platano, I’ve washed my 2014 FWC Artic Pack a couple times over the past 8 years and have had no shrinkage. I hand wash followed by airdry. I’m surprised how clean the liner stays although I do remove and store inside after each trip. We use the liner full time, not only for warmth, but also for cooling and reducing outside noise. It’s been such a valuable accessory.

Thanks, we keep ours in full-time too, but a recent long (moist) trip to New England and Nova Scotia has dirtied it and it may have a little mold so we wanted to treat that. Hand-washing and I suspect that the airdry is key. Gracias.

I washed mine. In the bathtub with warm water. You probably want to use a clean rinsing detergent that won't leave any residue. Someone somewhere (probably here) said to use "Sport Wash", which my wife happened to have. It's a thin, clear, unscented detergent in a small orange bottle. There are other 'sports' type washes from the usual brand detergent companies, w/ loads of scents, and that's not what you want. If I didn't have this, I'd probably have used something like 'tide free'.

I spun it in the spin cycle in the washing machine, after hand washing. It was mostly dry after that. Then let it air dry.
No shrinking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom