Thermal Pack ripped!

Oh! ha! My image-maker in my head was focused on the inside latch. I was trying to figure out what bungee accompanied that!

Yah, bungees are always doing their job pulling sides in!

Wallowa said:
The Thermal Pack at best is marginal help in keeping heat in or out of the camper [yes, we have one]
I guess the same could be said for double paned windows then.

Living in Canada and winter camping, all I can say is I'm glad I have a thermal pack.

Bill D said:
I guess the same could be said for double paned windows then.

Living in Canada and winter camping, all I can say is I'm glad I have a thermal pack.
Agreed. It's the air space between the thermal pack and the vinyl that provides the insulation, not the material itself. It also acts as a bit of a sound barrier and blocks more light than just the vinyl. I really like having it.

Charlie

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Bungee fore and aft that pulls the Thermal Pack material in toward the center of the camper to assist in a smoother folding down when the top is dropped..Bungees attach to "D" rings under a flap on the Thermal Pack. Alas the rear one does not eliminate the pinching between the cabinet and the lift panel.

And yes, I agree that the value of the Thermal Pack is far more than just thermal...

Stalking Light said:
I just went over 50k miles with my camper on and my thermal pack being 'pinched' and there is no sign of wear, YMMV of course.
I bet it's my lack of latching that inside latch. With that hooked, the movement is minimal, so pinched doesn't look like it'd be a big deal. But with it not latched, there is a fair amount of movement. Der.

Yes, always latch that barrel bolt on the rear folding lift panel.

That will keep the rear folding lift panel from bouncing or sagging downwards.

If you need a scrap piece of matching thermal pack material to make a patch, let me know and I will mail you one.

I don't know about using super glue ?

If you go that route (super glue), I would for SURE do a "test" patch at the very end, of one of the sides of the thermal pack, on the portion of the thermal pack that tucks behind the end of the rear or front folding panels. That was if you goof it up, it doesn't stick, or you don't like the way it looks then it is at least out of sight and you won't have to see it.

:)

Stan@FourWheel said:
Yes, always latch that barrel bolt on the rear folding lift panel.

That will keep the rear folding lift panel from bouncing or sagging downwards.

If you need a scrap piece of matching thermal pack material to make a patch, let me know and I will mail you one.

I don't know about using super glue ?

If you go that route (super glue), I would for SURE do a "test" patch at the very end, of one of the sides of the thermal pack, on the portion of the thermal pack that tucks behind the end of the rear or front folding panels. That was if you goof it up, it doesn't stick, or you don't like the way it looks then it is at least out of sight and you won't have to see it.

:)
Hi Stan!
I would love to have a matching piece of termal pack material to make a patch!
It's so lame that I did that. :-(

FWC will send you a small piece of arctic pack material to glue on. Burnt mine a little when some hot bacon grease on a paper towel barely touched it. Material melts fast!

strayDog said:
Burnt mine a little when some hot bacon grease on a paper towel barely touched it. Material melts fast!
On that note and not to sidetrack the thread .... how flammable is the thermal pack? :oops:

Bombsight said:
On that note and not to sidetrack the thread .... how flammable is the thermal pack? :oops:

No certain...but I believe it is a poly material and most probably would not burn; rather only melt and fill the camper with toxic fumes :D

Bacon grease? Seriously that child ain't right!

Phil

Wallowa said:
No certain...but I believe it is a poly material and most probably would not burn; rather only melt and fill the camper with toxic fumes :D

Bacon grease? Seriously that child ain't right!

Phil
Did you join this forum to exchange information and learn or insult the members? What " ain't right about bacon grease"?

strayDog said:
Did you join this forum to exchange information and learn or insult the members? What " ain't right about bacon grease"?

Whoa Dawg! No insult sent or intended...I simply found it funny. "What ain't right about bacon grease"?....I let that pass, too easy. ;)

Stay Frosty,

Phil

Wallowa said:
Whoa Dawg! No insult sent or intended...I simply found it funny. "What ain't right about bacon grease"?....I let that pass, too easy. ;)

Stay Frosty,

Phil
No problem, thought it might be humor which does run a fine line.It just hit me the wrong way and was hoping to get some clarification. Thanks for clearing it up. Have a cold one on me and have a good Labor Day!

Back
Top Bottom