Thought you all might like this video of our rig

I did that a couple of weeks ago but chickened out and took the Jeep. Spent a cold night (24*) in the Geologist cabin and wished I had my soft FWC bed and heater.

Yeah, we came in to Saline Valley from the north, over Lippencott pass, down to Warm Springs and camped at Stripe Butte, then over Mengal Pass. It was a fun trip!

Nice work. Saw you and you're crew on 395N Saturday morning just south of Big Pine. We were headed south in our Nissan/Hawk to Alabama Hills.

thumbsup2.gif
Very nice, I've yet to go up Mengel, only down it. How was the rest of the route to Goler?

Yep, Dave and I have a lot of experience spotting, so I trust him 100%. Normally I can pick lines very well, as I did this same pass in our Cherokee TOWING a Kamparoo tent trailer behind me, without any spotting. Just walked up it. Problem with the Dodge is it's so much bigger and you can't see over the hood easily when you start pointing the nose up. That's really my only issue.

As for the rest of Goler, it's fairly much a cake walk. It has been graded so all the "waterfalls" are gone. Couple tight spots but overall fairly easy.

Nice video from The Pumpkin Patch, Mike! I've been through a bunch of times but never with the All Terrain Camper attached.

As for the rest of Goler, it's fairly much a cake walk. It has been graded so all the "waterfalls" are gone. Couple tight spots but overall fairly easy.

Thanks, heard it was graded to Sourdough Springs but wasn't sure past that. Hope to make a trip up Goler and over to Butte Valley before the season is over.

Attachments

• IMG_8072.JPG
    IMG_8072.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 105
Awsome video Mike.
Were you going "over" east to west? or west to east? Haven't done this trip for about 5 years, how was the Goler Wash "water fall"?

Awsome video Mike.
Were you going "over" east to west? or west to east? Haven't done this trip for about 5 years, how was the Goler Wash "water fall"?

Going east to west (stripe butte to balarat).

Once you get to the turn off for Barker ranch, it has been graded all the way down. Easy stuff...

Back
Top Bottom