Three Country Boys..............

the fisherman

Big Time
Go to the big city of Fontana, to the California Speedway for the opening round of the Pacific Coast F2000 championship. I haven't raced since 1982 so we didn't expect too much, the object was to qualify the car and complete the race without knocking a wheel off or worse. Well, much to my suprise we qualified the car 5th in a 27 car field. I was pretty stoked, at the start, there was quite a bit of banging around by the front four cars, and I was able to move from 5th. to 3rd. before we completed the first lap. I was able to stay there until the checker, however I was penalized back to 4th. because of an inadverent pass under a yellow flag, It was what they call a local yellow for a backmarker who spun off, I'm sure I was passed the incident before they threw the flag, but it's their show, so we missed the podiom and didn't get a trophy, but we ran well, and I know we should have run better because we were undergeared and down about 200rpm. on the straight. I got to stay in my FOUR WHEEL camper because we can't afford a motel. We run again today, we have the right gear in the car, and I think we really have a chance to win, I'm much more comfortable than I thought I would be considering how long it's been since I've done this. We're looking for some sponsership, so if you have 10 or 20grand laying around give us a call, in the meantime we're going to try to win one of these races today, if that happened, it would be unreal, if you're in the neighborhood, come and watch, this is really close racing, and fun to watch, we represent the old people, I'm the oldest guy starting by about 20yrs.,these 20yr. old kids hate being beaten by me.This is my first wireless post, I hope it works. Old Racer Jon

Attachments

• DSCF1446-8.jpg
    DSCF1446-8.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 255
Nice one for the first time out of the box. Congrats.

And you thought there was no living with him before!!!

Back
Top Bottom