Timbren suspension products

CougarCouple

Hi guys and gals, got a question for you?
Has anyone used or have first hand info on these. I'm looking at this product to assist with caring when loaded. Recent trip with full load and small trailer ( about 2k pounds)
Had a few oncoming vehicles flash their head lamps thinking I had hi beams on. Truck was squatting a little.
Thanks Russ

http://timbren.com/timbren-ses/

I'm using them with a Ford Ranger and a ATC/FWC Ranger II hybrid. They seem to ride quite well. They've been on my rig for three years and a bit. I don't do a lot of really heavy-duty back road stuff. Some.

We use them on our EarthCruisers, and they are good for dampening your suspension in a big impact. If you are looking to level the ride height of your truck, I’d look to Hellwig for a helper spring, or progressive add-a-leaf pack. They work the best on our slide in camper builds.

Russ, these units replace the tiny little factory bump stops on the frame above the rear axle. They are designed for a constant load. If your camper is in the truck bed 100% of the time, they might be an effective solution. However, if the camper is not in the bed full time, air bags will likely be a better, more ride compliant solution.

I have a set. What I've noticed is that they are just a tad taller than the bumps stops they replace. So your truck is already really squatting before they even touch. That doesn't fix you problem.

For part time use add Firestone airbags and a rear sway bar.

For camper on full time get a leaf or 2 added to your spring packs. Most local spring places can do this and it's really not that expensive. Not much more than a fancy add a leaf and much better.

I appreciate all the posts, I do need them for load, question is with my truck loaded probably close to the 10,000lbs. of payload, rides and handles fine. But at this point the vehicle stance changes. Rear squats a little, not much just a little. Only a few were flashing their hi-beams.spoke with timbren and got some measurements so I can crawl under and measure to see at what point their will be contact with these things. Will post up later when I have something to contribute.
Upside with the airbags is as my weight load changes with the amount of weight I would be able to make changes to the bags.

Russ

Running Firestone Ride Rite in the rear and Timbrens in the front. Completely different truck in terms of handling. Very happy with the combo.

I use Timbrens in the rear in lieu of the factory bump stops. The truck does not sit on them even when fully loaded, the OME springs with two additional leaves (installed upside down) make sure of that. When using them in an overload application be aware that they do have a "fast" rebound. Most likely won't notice it under normal driving conditions, however, when at speed off-road it can feel like a pogo stick when you hit a big dip or bump.
Cheers!

Ok All
So Timbern rep told me the total length of rubber spring and the metal mount which bolts to frame is 6.5 inches.
I just measured from frame at the OEM bump stop to the contact point on the axel that measurement is 6.0 inches.
Camper on truck with some items food Porto potti, pots pans silver ware, water in the tank ( not sure on exact amount) Hi-Lift and extraction gear, tools , air compressor, and some othe BS minimal. So it looks like it would just start to be assisting the leaf springs.
So I'm gunna think some more, will post up later.

Thanks again for new opinions.
Hay veryactivealife what PSI you running in the FRR, and are the Timpers in front, are they in contact or there is still a gap? Do you know your GVWR?

Russ

We had them, worked ok, seemed a little bouncy so I installed airbags, which I’m much happier with.

Short answer: timbrens work well on a budget, but bags are definitely better.

I've had Timbrens on 2 trucks with campers, and they have been fine. IIRC, when you mount them, there should be about 1 inch clearance with the truck empty. So if your measurement of 1/2 " less than the length of the Timbrem when loaded, they will already be working. I'm personally not a fan of airbags. Too easy to have a failure of some type. Timbren also sells 2 different grade products, the heavier duty one recommended for truck campers. I use the standard one on my Chevy.

Back
Top Bottom