Tip out bed on FWC

Josh41

I know, I know, this is out there, and cutting a giant hole in my camper is probably not the best idea...but imagine the space and ease of use.
Has anyone added a tip out to their FWC? My shell has nothing on the drivers side and this would allow a front dinnete and a twin bed on the side four our child.
87a3373a827469214bd77f3f7024f8d8.jpeg20170717_132050.jpeg

This is my #1 improvement on a Hawk, even if it was limited to a single bed. This would free up floor space and create many interior options. I would use it most often as space to store stuff while in camp, but it would also serve as a guest bed.

I'm not sure we can do this in our pop-up campers. That trailer in the original posting has a rigid roof to provide support for the tip out. If we cut out a hole big enough for a tip out, I would think the side would no longer be strong enough to support any weight, because immediately above the tip out you would have only flimsy aluminum bar and then the canvas sides.

Attractive concept though!

Interesting concept but even if it would work I'm not sure it would be that practical. You'd not be able to put anything in front of the tip out area.

A small single bunk that folds up or down would work well. You would need to support it from below, but a small single bed for a child would be no problem.

976aa1f492b2e83585a95b2980e0da10.jpg

Hi Josh

Where did you find the image of the box trailer with fold out sides ?

I know what camper those fold outs were donated from ( and own one )

I agree it would be very difficult to mod the FWC in that manner....there isn't enough framing there to maintain strength with so large a hole.

Cheers

David Graves

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom