Tips to drill through and mount to rear wall?

BIKE RECOVERED!!! It was a long dusty road but I have my bike back which was in a Reno pawn shop and it is no worse for the wear. Charges are pending. There is a pretty good chance the perp which is probably responsible for a good many thefts will see some jail time. It was a lot of hard work and I wouldn't do it again. The bike had sentimental value to me. Went for a ride today and laughed all the way! Love it when a plan comes together!

That is awesome news. One time I caught (witnessed) a guy keying a car. Let's just say I'm 6'3" 220 guy who did a citizens arrest that day... you're story is much better though!

Good job Kilroy. That guy won't do that again.

I am retired and had the time. Like I said the bike had sentimental value to me. 20 ponds ago I raced it and also rode across Costa Rica from the west coast to the east coast. The bike and I had a lot of miles together, not to mention surviving some good falls,... Both of us.

I watched Craigslist, posted flyers, distributed flyers to bike shops, bail bondsmen, and pawn shops. I posted in Craigslist for other folks that had stolen bikes and bought them coffee to compare notes. I wrote a news article for the local paper about tourist bicycle thefts and they printed it which detailed my reward offer. In the end it was a reward that did the trick. Thieves are scumbags and have scumbags for friends. One of his friends rolled him over. PD picked up the bike from a pawn shop and the idiot put up his ID to get a loan against it.

Not sure you have this pic of a frame of the 4wc but it really helps with drilling. I like the extra strap across the bike idea for rough roads

Attachments

• roof frame sample 2.JPG
    roof frame sample 2.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 378
Thanks for the good word yall. Ride on; many miles of singletrack to go before I sleep...

Back
Top Bottom