To learn a little about Latin America

Fantastic photographs! You are an excellent photographer, especially the first page. I would think there could be a foreign camper trade exchange website, like people who trade houses for vacations. hey Jay, that would be a good business for you to do while you are busy selling ATC's.

Our place in the world: Our mountain cabin in Canela.

casa_caracol_003.jpg

P1110865JPG.jpg

P1110888JPG.jpg

P1110874JPG.jpg

P1110856JPG.jpg

casa_caracol_027.jpg

casa_caracol_032.jpg

Correct. Jay was a great friend we did there in Chile... Always friendly and ready to cook Indian food for us.

That's funny, I hosted Jay one night before he left the US and have been following his route on ADV Rider. Want to do a bike swap :D

Fantastic photographs! You are an excellent photographer, especially the first page. I would think there could be a foreign camper trade exchange website, like people who trade houses for vacations. hey Jay, that would be a good business for you to do while you are busy selling ATC's.

Good idea :D , I did that for a motorcycle in Australia, like to see Chile!

Good idea :D , I did that for a motorcycle in Australia, like to see Chile!

DD could set up such a category. Another possibility within this category would be folks who might want to drive, say, to Anchorage, Whitehorse or even South America, fly home and have someone else drive the trip back. I, for one, have wanted to do just sort of this thing in the past. I ended up doing a one way delivery of a vehicle to Anchorage, via Craigs List.

Our place in the world: Our mountain cabin in Canela.

Neat place, Canela. It looks like it rains a bit. What is the elevation?

Thanks for all your photos of wandering in the West, South West, and South East.

Neat place, Canela. It looks like it rains a bit. What is the elevation?

Thanks for all your photos of wandering in the West, South West, and South East.

Just Stew ... the place is clean, beautiful and organized, the result of European colonization (many Germans, Swiss, Austrian and Italian people), but it is very humid and rainy. Summer is hot and dry, with temperatures between 28ºC and 38ºC and winter is rainy and cold, with temperatures between -5°C and 10°C

Our cabin is situated at 860 m/alt. on sea level and 120 km from where we live (Porto Alegre, the state capital)

It is a tourist town and resort where we find handicrafts chocolate, gastronomy, knitting clothes (woolens) and wooden furniture.

CanelaRS.jpg

canela-rs-1.jpg

canela95tf.jpg

nossa_loja.jpg

Canela-cascata.jpg

74700888.abRgzJgh.igrejacaracolcanelaRS.jpg

f_227449600-dbd483ae.jpeg

2621304.jpg

Canela-photo242-5.jpg

gramado+e+canela+rio+grande+do+sul+porto+alegre+rs+brasil__15489A_4.jpg

hoteis-em-gramado-e-canela.jpg

canela-gramado-e-nova-petropolis13.jpg

Pscoa%20em%20Canela.jpg

Just Stew ... the place is clean, beautiful and organized, the result of European colonization (many Germans, Swiss, Austrian and Italian people), but it is very humid and rainy. Summer is hot and dry, with temperatures between 28ºC and 38ºC and winter is rainy and cold, with temperatures between -5°C and 10°C

Our cabin is situated at 860 m/alt. on sea level and 120 km from where we live (Porto Alegre, the state capital)

It is a tourist town and resort where we find handicrafts chocolate, gastronomy, knitting clothes (woolens) and wooden furniture.

Yes, Canela has the Euro-alpine look about it. There was a lift in one of your photos so I guess at times there may be enough snow for skiing.

Back
Top Bottom