$ to outfit a Fleet shell

If your truck bed flexes and you plan to four wheel and have the camper flex with the bed, then think about the mounting brackets to the wall and floor. To rigid then you could pull out the brackets. Just a thought if you are going to make something custom and rigid. Mike Duncan was a FWC salesperson years ago that passed on that tip and he saw this first hand.

CWDTMMRS

$20k is nuts....and Stan has said they have sold a few at about $ 27,000 !!!
Without a bathroom or closet....that's really nuts.

However "to each their own". I would buy a good used one also...and tried to buy a used shell....however after two years of looking never found one......Shells found were always sold at full asking price...12 hours after - "For Sale" ad.
Jim

RC Pilot Jim said:
CWDTMMRS

$20k is nuts....and Stan has said they have sold a few at about $ 27,000 !!!
Without a bathroom or closet....that's really nuts.

However "to each their own". I would buy a good used one also...and tried to buy a used shell....however after two years of looking never found one......they were always sold at full asking price...12 hours after - for sale listing.
Jim
Nothing good and well built is cheap anymore. I have been lucky to find two used Hawks when I was looking. First a 2002 Hawk near new condition and the seller did not know what it was worth. Was his father-in-laws and he sold it for $3,500 5 years ago. Yes I did feel guilty, and again when I sold it for $7,500. I paid a fair price for my 2013 Hawk shell last November and saved about $4,000 on what a new shell would cost.

There are good used campers but the prices are getting close to new, if they need any work at all new may be cheaper. My 2002 Hawk sold the day after I listed it on CL. Be ready to buy if you see a good one.

Back
Top Bottom