Toilet.... What do you use?

Mongo

Ok I spent about 30 minutes with the search function and didn't glean anything useful. So..... What do you like and why?

BTW I camp with myself, 2 small kids and momma. In a FWC grandby

If we are in a campground then we use their toilets. If in the wilds we use the wilds. On a cold night my wife may use the pee bottle.

The tall Thetford works for me and the wife. Almost like being at home. I change the batteries each year and have never had a problem with the unit. It is top heavy (when top full and bottom empty) and you should strap it down.

P1110981.jpg
med_gallery_1903_734_947716.jpg

Cleanwaste PETT toilette for me. I can use it for cat sanitation when appropriate ... And in the camper with Wagbags Waste goes in the garbage. Stores well in my hawk. Simplicity is king.

There are 3 of us, me, wife, and 6 year old son. We use a PETT toilet with WAG bags and 3 Little John urinals at night if you can't or don't want to go outside. Wife has a Lady J adapter for her's.

Luggable Loo 5 gallon bucket with bags and kitty litter. Works well for me when I need to take something along.

A Restop commode, which is probably an overpriced version of something you can make yourself. The sealing lid is nice (but again you can just get a bucket with Gamma seal lid). We use manufactured poo bags (buy in bulk) but DIY with kitty litter is getting tempting.

An orange Home depot bucket, a china mart seat, double trash bagged the just kittie litter to soak up the liquids, change it out as needed.

that "Restop commode" looks well made and nice for the non DIY'ers out there. That is basically what my wife and i were using since about 2007 in various camp/rig setups. We have switched over to utilizing the dometic 300 series in van and TT for liquid only, and then placing a 4 gallon plastic bag with natural kitty litter primer in bag into the "bowl" of the dometic and using that for solids. We will easily get a whole week of camping done this way before having to empty the dometic's liquid waste. We made the switch as the smell from the luggable loo was a bit ripe even by morning if using it for liquids at night in the rig. . . Though i usually used a 64oz Stanley thermos :)

Thom

Ramblinman said:
Cleanwaste PETT toilette for me. I can use it for cat sanitation when appropriate ... And in the camper with Wagbags Waste goes in the garbage. Stores well in my hawk. Simplicity is king.
Wagbags with a folding throne or P-bottles when not using the great outdoors.

I just ordered one of these: Reliance Hassock Toilet
It's one of the cheapest but has excellent reviews on Amazon.com. I plan to use it with deodorizing, clumping kitty litter, which several reviewers say works great.

May get a chance to try it out at the upcoming Rally.

craig333 said:
Too tall to fit where my porta potty is. Nice upgrade to a five gallon bucket though.
That's a good point -- it won't fit in the designated spot in mine either (2005 FWC Hawk).
But I probably won't bring this on most trips, I only decided to get it because of the Rally -- with a good chance of locked toilets combined with a big group. So inconvenient storage is OK for me once in a while.
Usually when I boondock I do what cats do... ;)

In my camper that intended porta-potty storage spot is where I store my Weber "Go-Anywhere" gas grill, so it's not available anyway.

If its true boondocking a hole is fine but how would a spot like our rally at green creek be if everyone did that? I try to limit my cat biz to places I know aren't likely to have others camp at.

craig333 said:
If its true boondocking a hole is fine but how would a spot like our rally at green creek be if everyone did that? I try to limit my cat biz to places I know aren't likely to have others camp at.
When we camp with a large group, we find a secluded place for one large and deep latrine hole. Just fill in a shovel of dirt when you've finished your business. For privacy, tie a bandana on a bush to show the latrine is occupied.

Back
Top Bottom