Took the Eagle Camping over the weekend

davidshourd

Advanced Member
Found some great back roads south east of Eugene this past weekend. Some of the logging roads were snow packed in places and dozens of down logs that we had to either go over or pull out of the way,all for the purpose of seeing what was at the end of the road. turns out, just more down logs. enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• SE eug.JPG
    SE eug.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 408
  • SE eug1.JPG
    SE eug1.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 414
  • SE Eug2.JPG
    SE Eug2.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 413
  • SE eug3.JPG
    SE eug3.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 401
Thanks for posting the pictures....pretty country. It's also nice to see a Nissan on here, we don't get too many.

Great pics! The best trips start with" I wonder where that road goes? " That Nissan looks good under that camper.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks! I think I need to get some bags or overload springs though. ends up sagging a little more then I woudl like in the rear. The problem is I do not want to loose any of the articulation by adding bags. I am not as concerns about the stiffness of the ride without the camper on as I am about the ability to take it off the road with it on and still be able to hop on the highway and go 65.

Just ordered some Timbren Hollow Metal springs from alcan Springs out of CO this afternoon. I think these are going to be the cats ass for overload springs. check them out at Timbren.com

they even customized my order so they would fit/work with my truck being lifted 2.5". should really improve on the ride. and no air or wires/hoses to run. just bolt to frame. I have already come up with a way to install them with a cotter pin so they can be removed quickly when I take the camper off to go play on the off road trails. MOAB here I come....(departure May 15 for one week)

No if only the custom front bumper would come!

Attachments

• WiFr05silver-478x354.jpg
    WiFr05silver-478x354.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 294
I'll agree with Simi - nice looking rig !

I just added an additional leaf on mine, and it made a big difference. Got over an inch and a half lift, and when the springs settle, and all the gear goes in, it should level right out.

You'll be glad you have a cotter pin removal system. I hade them on a ford 3/4 ton front and rear. They were great with a 3000lb camper, but WAY to stiff empty or even with a 100 gallon diesel tank in the bed. Great set up!!

Back
Top Bottom